Looks, but not a very good personality
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Appearance: Very pretty. Definitely hibiscus colored: a deep rosy pink, very lovely and appetizing in the glass.

Louche: Thick like strawberry milk. Practically opaque, but there are some reflections. It's still very pink.

Aroma: Lots of wormwood and (unless I'm mistaken from brain tricks) a bit of a rose underpinning, and some sort of dusty smell. It's very nice and sweet and mouthwatering, though not particularly strong-smelling or "big".

Flavor: There's so much star anise flavor here, it's really a bit sad...I can scare taste anything else. I can tell there's something behind this flavor, but it's not balanced enough to let the other flavors shine as well. Not too dry, which is nice given the hibiscus coloring.

Finish: Once the star anise flavors disappear, I'm left with a fruity and sweet flavor that's really nice...but sadly it has that peppery tongue/throat coating from the anise, as well as the drying effects from the hibiscus.

Overall: This absinthe would be really beautiful if there was a good deal less badiane and a good deal more green anise. Yet again, as far as rouges go I have to give the obligatory apology for flavor, regardless of how pretty the drink.
A
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account