(Updated: July 01, 2008)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: artificial flashy-green, La Fée-like, not really unattractive though.

Louche: nice opalescent louche that forms quickly. Maybe a bit too quick to be 'clean' but attractive nonetheless.

Aroma: Spanish absenta style. Anise (not green) upfront, then an unnatural candy-like scent, an absinthe for kids?

Flavor: confirms the aromas, it has absenta characteristics with something more in it that reminds of hyssop but with a (kinda) bubblegum taste. It is shortly followed by an unpleasant bitterness coming from, I guess, the convenient wormwood oils.

Finish: ok the candy finish is somewhat pleasant, but that annoying bitterness is rather disturbing.

Overall: As a change, or for a 'teen party', this is the kind of stuff you can drink quickly and easily if you get over the lingering bitterness. To be honest, I was expecting another vile absintH from the east part of Europe, but it's not, it's more reminiscent of a spanish oil mix, or even La Fée for the 'bonbon' taste (and the color).

I didn't sink it, I finished my glass, that says a lot.

Additional note: Absinthion Deluxe won a Silver (Best in Class) medal at the London IWSC 2008.

mthuilli
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment