(Updated: October 07, 2008)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

This was one of the most unique vintage absinthes I've ever tasted, mainly due to the louched color.

Color: Pre-louche, a deep dark fuille morte.

Louche: It louched up fairly quickly, but the most interesting part was how it changed color so dramatically. As it louched, it changed from the walnut brown color to a peach color. Intruiging to say the least. The layering was spot on. A beautiful sight to see.

Aroma: Lots and lots going on here. Fruity, with anise and top notch wormwood. You can also pick up some of that 'aged' old books smell that I adore.

Flavor: One of the most well balanced brands I've tried. The anise is dominant, but dances perfectly with the alpine freshness of the wormwood. It's aged wonderfully.

Finish: It stays with you for quite a while. The light astringence of the wormwood sits at the back of the tongue while the sweetness from the anise dominates the rest of the palate. You really just want to drink more.

Overall: All around, this is a top notch absinthe. I count myself extremely lucky not only to be able to taste this brand, but also to be able to see the wonderfully unique color of it as the louche built. I wish I had bought more.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account