(Updated: December 12, 2010)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

A very interesting absinthe. I sampled this at 3:1 and 4:1.

Color: What can you say, it's bright red! How can you grade this? I gave it a 2, despite it being clear of sediment, it just did not look completely natural. The color louched was a light peach. Not something I found terribly attractive.

Louche: Acceptable, and an appropriate clouding without being too thick. Simply again, not very attractive to me in the end.

Arome: I liked the aroma, it was anise and flowers all the way. It smelled candy-like, but was inviting and interesting.

Flavor: This is the highlight of Serpis; despite it being mainly anise, there was a hint of decent wormwood, but it offered an unique light spice, fruit and floral edge that i've not had in anything else. It was light and refreshing, with a tasty twangle. This needed no sugar.

Finish: Decent, but not remarkable. A tingly anise that lingers, with a gentle tingle in the back.

Overall: I can see why this would interest people...it's red. That should not be the reason you want to try it, but let's face it, for most...this will be why! It is worthy of being sampled at an event, and I might buy a bottle every couple years or so for this reason.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Post a Comment