Another nice addition to the Saar lineup
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Initial tasting - 12/21/22 Bought from Alandia.
I tasted this absinthe both at 3:1 and 4:1. This absinthe is too delicate for 4:1. It kind of falls apart at that ratio. So my review is based on the 3:1 ratio.

Appearance: golden more than peridot, no visible sediment
Louche: upon starting the fountain, this absinthe began louching immediately, creating a very nice layering effect. Fully louched by a little less than 3:1.
Aroma: Pre-louche - Slightly pine-y with hints of the delicate mustiness of old books. Post louche - resin and woody with green anise and minty wormwood creating a very enticing glass.
Flavor: tons of high quality anise, slight astringence. Just a bit of numbing @ 3:1. Really enjoyable. At 4:1 it gets a bit vegetal, so stick to the lower dilution ratio.
Finish: very pleasant and sticks around for a decent amount of time, inviting you to keep drinking. The numbing is pleasant and not overpowering.
Overall: quite enjoyable at lower ratios. I'd drink this any day. But be forewarned, it's also a bit temperamental at higher ratios. If you keep track of the water ratio, you'll enjoy this immensely.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account