Are You Legal Drinking Age In Your Country?

By entering this site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Legal Disclaimer.

Review Detail

3.8 20 0.5
Solid, better than average Verte
Overall rating

Louche

Appearance

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: Very attractive peridot. Deep and inviting with perfect clarity.

Louche: Thick billowing trails starting from the top of the glass. A very bright green meniscus that ends at around 3/1 water ratio. A cross between jade and lime juice when fully louched. I haven’t seen it yet in natural sunlight however.

Aroma: Very powerful sweet/fruity anise which is followed by an earthy undertone of wormwood. Every now and then I smell a slight funk but this is tough to distinguish from the earthy characters. I also get hints of dill in this absinthe.

Flavor: Assertive wormwood wrapped in more ‘Juicy Fruit’ anise. I again detect a decent dill presence in the flavor with some fennel. Towards the end the flavor is earthier. I like how the earthiness and fruitiness come and go; they intertwine well and make for an interesting drink

Finish: Candy-like anise once more. Very interesting that it includes fennel as well. It doesn’t last long enough which is surprising for such a robust flavored absinthe.

Overall: I think this is a very good absinthe. It has all of the characteristics of a quality verte. It’s a pretty good value for folks looking to enjoy a traditional verte.

I enjoyed this best with a 3.5 to 1 water ratio and a sugar cube.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 1

Comments