Are You Legal Drinking Age In Your Country?

By entering this site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Legal Disclaimer.

Review Detail

3.8 20 0.5
Probably my measuring stick absinthe
Overall rating

Louche

Appearance

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Appearance- A nice, light, slightly yellowish green.

Louche- Thick louche, can't see through the glass. As it louches it's a good display.

Aroma- Very much what I expect from a good, drinkable absinthe, although it didn't seem to fill the room during louche like others I've had. Very inviting when holding glass up for a drink. Slightly fruity and maybe a really subtle mint.

Flavor- After a bottle I consider this to be my standard against which all other absinthes shall be measured. It's not the greatest but it's very good. For me, just good/acceptable absinthe is often not really worth the price. This is. Not very or complex, but not lacking, like a sort of basic essence of what absinthe should probably be. Very fresh, again slightly fruity, nice balance of anise, and a little creamy. Good stuff.

Finish- Seemed really dependent on the water ratio, which is probably always true. I tend to enjoy the tongue numbness and with a low enough water ratio it delivered. No foul or 'off' after-taste of any kind, just a nice end to a pleasant drink. I believe I did notice the wormwood a bit more here.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments