Are You Legal Drinking Age In Your Country?

By entering this site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Legal Disclaimer.

Review Detail

3.5 19 0.5
now we're getting somewhere
(Updated: August 14, 2008)
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

My gracious thanks for the Sample so generously provided, as it was actually a pleasure to put my tastebuds to work on this one.

the Color is a bit dark.

the Louche is actually pretty nice, given the initial color, but could be a bit nicer if it started a bit lighter.

the Aroma is for me one of the strong suits of this particular offering. A decided citrusy element that is not at all unpleasant and invites additional sniffery. Smells lemony/tangeriney to me; my Wyfe and a friend said Orange Peel so I'll just say Citrus, in a strangely harmonic and not overpowering way.

the Flavor is in keeping with the Aroma (although the citrus element is mostly a nose thing), but maybe a lil' bit more Wormwood would help it along. Got a bit of the Juicy Fruit/Big Red thing, but not enough to put me off. Still quite nice.

the Finish wasn't unplesant, it could have lasted longer though.

Overall, I'd say go out and buy a bottle. It's the first domestic absinthe I've had that actually gets me there without any qualifiers thrown in. A nice traditional product but still individual, and I'm a guy who likes that.
B
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account