Are You Legal Drinking Age In Your Country?

By entering this site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Legal Disclaimer.

Review Detail

3.7 18 0.5
Bare essence
Overall rating

Louche

Appearance

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Appearance- Well, it's clear.
Louche- Pretty good louche. Not *too* opaque and definitely not thin. Nice and cloudy.
Aroma- Pretty strong anise. The anise is the main thing I notice here but it's not what I would call a 'bomb', as the wormwood and other botanicals do contribute something. So it ends up being a bit of a generic 'candied' smell. Not really a terrible or even bad aroma but not nearly as balanced as I really want with an absinthe.
Flavor/Mouthfeel- The mouthfeel is good but with much less numbing than I'd like. Flavor was just like the aroma. I'm not a huge fan of licorice types of flavors but even with this being fairly anise heavy, I still enjoyed it. There was just enough of the wormwood and other flavors (subtle mint) to keep it grounded as a solid absinthe.
Finish-Not much to say. It goes quick and with no new developments either bad or good, except that I did notice the wormwood bitterness just a bit more here, which is nice, but it was very subtle.
Overall- I haven't had too many blanches but this seems like a good solid blanche. For me it's just not complex enough to want to buy more of it. Seems the price has gone up over the years, also. At $50 a liter, it would probably be a nice deal.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments