Are You Legal Drinking Age In Your Country?

By entering this site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Legal Disclaimer.

Review Detail

3.8 11 0.5
Might not like the musician, but I like his taste
Overall rating

Louche

Appearance

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Marilyn Manson. Not really a fan of his music. But the absinthe he's sponsored is outstanding. Quite worth your while if you get a chance to sample a bottle...

Appearance: IMO, one of the prettiest, short of Jade, that I've seen-- clear, bright, nicely green while still being all-natural... neither too pale, nor too dark. There are few out there that live up to this.

Louche: Also among the best. Thick, pale green... beautifully translucent. Put a light behind it, you get nice shine-through like sun behind the clouds, while being thick enough to hide the light-source... In my experience, only Jade is better.

Aroma: Good, solid, nice. Not something I'm strong on evaluating, but it seems correct, complex, and intriguing to me.

Flavor/Mouthfeel: Also, really nicely done. As best as I can tell (being not the most experienced absintheur out there), it is entirely correct, well-balanced, and tasty. This one's done right for flavor.

Finish: Really, the only flaw I find. It's still acceptable, but there is too much burn, I can taste the alcohol too much, in the finish. Doesn't ruin the drink, and it's not sub-standard-- other aspects of the finish are still really nice... but it does drop it (IMO) down to an "acceptable" "3" rather than deserving the more exceptional "4".

Overall: it's good stuff. Well-made, solid-- worth respecting as a stand-out. Truthfully, because I drink absinthe more for taste than appearance, I may still prefer to reach for Lucid on ordinary days-- but I acknowledge that in the big scheme of things, this is a higher-quality distilling job.

Again-- if you're not a fan of Marilyn Manson's music, don't let that push you away from this quality absinthe. If you are a fan-- worth appreciating that the man's got good taste in other areas too.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments