Are You Legal Drinking Age In Your Country?

By entering this site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Legal Disclaimer.

Review Detail

3.9 10 0.5
Objectively okay, but not my thing
Overall rating

Appearance

Louche

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

From tastings done over the course of the four months this bottle has been open, some with sugar, some without. All carafe pours.

Color: I really like the color of the Duplais; just a shade lighter and it would be a 5 for me.

Louche: I saw gradients, billowing, a well-defined line, though it all ended before 2:1. Still, a nice show while it lasted.

Aroma: All the familiar components are there. There is a freshness to it, kind of like the green fleshy stalk of a plant when it's still young, but it will soon become a more woody stem.

Flavor: I can objectively say that all the appropriate elements are here, but to my palate there is a sharpness I can't get past. These sharp edges need some polishing, even after four months of the bottle being open.

Finish: The sharpness carries over into the finish, which forces me to 3 the Duplais her, too.

Overall: This is an absinthe that has everything in the right place, but they could be more aesthetically pleasing. It's like a well-arranged living room but the color scheme is a little off for me.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account