Are You Legal Drinking Age In Your Country?

By entering this site you agree to our Privacy Policy and Legal Disclaimer.

Review Detail

4.3 19 0.5
Highly complex absinthe
Overall rating

Louche

Appearance

Aroma

Flavor / Mouthfeel

Finish

Overall

Color: Clear peridot that edges towards gold under certain types of light. No sediment.

Louche: Impressive layering right away but it ends completely opaque after a 1:1 ratio which is pretty fast. Pearly opalescence at the end. Color retains a nice jade green in the middle with gold refractions at the edges under lamp light.

Aroma: Very herbaceous with anise and fennel up front. Wormwood and spices come next. Aroma is not particularly strong but it’s appropriate and sets up the flavor nicely.

Flavor: Highly concentrated flavor on the middle of your tongue. Fennel and anise lend a sweetness while wormwood spiciness (with some dill) pulls your palate in another direction. Slightly powdery at the end of the drink.

Finish: Dill, which I believe
comes from the wormwood is mixed with anise for a candy like finish. The wormwood finish lasts quite a while and is a welcome change of pace where absinthe finishes are merely anise.

Overall: Another winner from Jade. I’d rank this behind PF 1901 for my own personal tastes but Edouard is a bit more complex. This is an intense and satisfying absinthe.

Notes: September 2009 bottling used for review
Report this review Was this review helpful? 3 0

Comments