Warning: include_once(/home/wormwood/public_html/components/com_jreviews/jreviews/includes/plugins/jreviews.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/wormwood/public_html/plugins/content/jreviews.php on line 29
Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/wormwood/public_html/components/com_jreviews/jreviews/includes/plugins/jreviews.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/wormwood/public_html/plugins/content/jreviews.php on line 29
Official Methods of Analysis of the
Association of Official Analytical Chemists
It is not expected that the average reader will have either the expertise, resources, or inclination to perform this operation; it is provided for educational purposes only.
It should be noted that this method only detects the presence of thujone, with margin of error of 10ppm. Although there are much more accurate means now available to measure thujone content, the current regulations hinge on the margin of error for this particular method, hence, 10ppm is considered to be "thujone free".
9.129 Thujone (25)¹ Official First Action
Popular Science Articles
- Taxonomy of "Wormwoods" and related Artemisia Species
- The Life of an Anise-Flavored Alcoholic Beverage
- α-Thujone: γ-Aminobutyric acid type A receptor modulation
- Absinthe - W. Arnold, Scientific American
- AOAC Official Thujone Detection Method
- Systematic Misinformation about Thujone in Pre-ban Absinthe
- General misconceptions about the wormwood-flavoured spirit absinthe