Copyright 2017 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Amerique 1912 Absinthe Verte
Traditional Absinthe
The absinthe pours a deep olive, more yellow than green. Looks nice though. It smells light and perfumey. Sweet with lemon notes.

The louche is nice but a bit on the thin side. Pearly green with textures of gold and blue. Water really brings out the anise and perhaps some powder. Not a very pronounced aroma, but there's some fruitiness.

The flavour is clean and sweet anise, with a layer of mild wormwood beneath. A tad bit of earthy fennel. Mellow and soft with a creamy mouth-feel.

The finish is mostly anise with some lemon. Starts to turn savoury before fading, but no appreciable wormwood emerges.

This is a light, sort of fluffy absinthe that would be good for session drinking. I can't find anything bad about it but nothing really stands out either except the seamlessness of it all.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Andrew Young July 15, 2011
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (60)

Nothing offensive about it.

The absinthe pours a deep olive, more yellow than green. Looks nice though. It smells light and perfumey. Sweet with lemon notes.

The louche is nice but a bit on the thin side. Pearly green with textures of gold and blue. Water really brings out the anise and perhaps some powder. Not a very pronounced aroma, but there's some fruitiness.

The flavour is clean and sweet anise, with a layer of mild wormwood beneath. A tad bit of earthy fennel. Mellow and soft with a creamy mouth-feel.

The finish is mostly anise with some lemon. Starts to turn savoury before fading, but no appreciable wormwood emerges.

This is a light, sort of fluffy absinthe that would be good for session drinking. I can't find anything bad about it but nothing really stands out either except the seamlessness of it all.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account