Copyright 2017 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Brevans A. O. Spare
Traditional Absinthe
Color: The clarity is exemplary with a natural peridot green. Textbook presentation here!

Louche: Active swirls that melt into clouds with some nice layering when the louche nears completion. Thick but translucent when complete. Again this is textbook.

Aroma: The absinthe trio is right up front with complexity in the back. Some vanilla and a little spicyness. Nice and strong but not overpowering.

Flavor: The flavor starts out crisp light and sweet. The layers display some here and there but not much with a traditional absinthe flavor dominating. A little too weak and light for my taste but still very well done.

Finish: The finish warms up immediately and lasts a good while with a bitter pop at the end. It starts sweet and spicy and ends smooth and bitter. Cool almost “two stage” effect.

Overall: Amazing presentation with the color, louche, and aroma. The taste is good but a little weak for me and the finish is a nice two step gradient. Needs to work on the strength of the flavor and it could easily start competing with my favorites.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Evan Camomile July 04, 2011
Last updated: July 04, 2011
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (70)

Great Surprise!

Color: The clarity is exemplary with a natural peridot green. Textbook presentation here!

Louche: Active swirls that melt into clouds with some nice layering when the louche nears completion. Thick but translucent when complete. Again this is textbook.

Aroma: The absinthe trio is right up front with complexity in the back. Some vanilla and a little spicyness. Nice and strong but not overpowering.

Flavor: The flavor starts out crisp light and sweet. The layers display some here and there but not much with a traditional absinthe flavor dominating. A little too weak and light for my taste but still very well done.

Finish: The finish warms up immediately and lasts a good while with a bitter pop at the end. It starts sweet and spicy and ends smooth and bitter. Cool almost “two stage” effect.

Overall: Amazing presentation with the color, louche, and aroma. The taste is good but a little weak for me and the finish is a nice two step gradient. Needs to work on the strength of the flavor and it could easily start competing with my favorites.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account