Copyright 2017 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Verte de Fougerolles
Traditional Absinthe
Ideally green feuille morte on the rise.

The louche is too quick, at 1:2 is totally opaque. The finished colour is green and creamy.

The aroma, albeit deprived of wormwood note, reveals a pleasant nose of mint, veronica and anise.

Upon tasting, 1:3 is the best, absinthe is spicy and anisy, slightly heavy but not as much as a blanche. Wormwood well-pronounced, base is not obtrusive, fennel in the back, veronica prominent but not silencing the others.

It is almost an exemplary French verte, but I have no idea what has happened to the absinthe as of now and since they started filtering it.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by absinthist December 22, 2010
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (60)

The almost legendary verte de Fou

Ideally green feuille morte on the rise.

The louche is too quick, at 1:2 is totally opaque. The finished colour is green and creamy.

The aroma, albeit deprived of wormwood note, reveals a pleasant nose of mint, veronica and anise.

Upon tasting, 1:3 is the best, absinthe is spicy and anisy, slightly heavy but not as much as a blanche. Wormwood well-pronounced, base is not obtrusive, fennel in the back, veronica prominent but not silencing the others.

It is almost an exemplary French verte, but I have no idea what has happened to the absinthe as of now and since they started filtering it.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account