Copyright 2017 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Blanchette
Traditional Absinthe
Color: Perfectly clear with no sediment. It looked like nothing was in the glass.

Louche: A superior louche. This builds at a pace that is neither too slow nor too fast, just right! Rolling clouds and bits of smoky wisps. Opalescent and just the right thickness.

Aroma: Delicate alpine aroma with quality wormwood and anise are very inviting. Clean, crisp and fresh.

Flavor: It's nice to taste wormwood up front in a blanche! The anise is clear and present as well, in a refined, sweet harmony. A light peppery spice and citrus edge. Delicious.

Finish: Wonderful. Wormwood is clear here as in the flavor and aroma. It pulls at you, building slowly to a light pinch on the tongue with a light spice and citrus that hangs in there nicely, then slowly fades.

Overall: It's refreshing and very tasty. If you normally don't like blanches, you may enjoy this, as it's a bit different than most.

*EDIT: I changed the louche to a 5 from a 4. I'm now on my 2nd bottle, and the louche is better than I first realized. This is one of my 3 top blanches, La Maison Fontaine and Blanche traditionelee being the other 2. Blanchette is in good company.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Scott M. June 02, 2010
Last updated: January 05, 2013
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (64)

One of My Favorite Blanches

Color: Perfectly clear with no sediment. It looked like nothing was in the glass.

Louche: A superior louche. This builds at a pace that is neither too slow nor too fast, just right! Rolling clouds and bits of smoky wisps. Opalescent and just the right thickness.

Aroma: Delicate alpine aroma with quality wormwood and anise are very inviting. Clean, crisp and fresh.

Flavor: It's nice to taste wormwood up front in a blanche! The anise is clear and present as well, in a refined, sweet harmony. A light peppery spice and citrus edge. Delicious.

Finish: Wonderful. Wormwood is clear here as in the flavor and aroma. It pulls at you, building slowly to a light pinch on the tongue with a light spice and citrus that hangs in there nicely, then slowly fades.

Overall: It's refreshing and very tasty. If you normally don't like blanches, you may enjoy this, as it's a bit different than most.

*EDIT: I changed the louche to a 5 from a 4. I'm now on my 2nd bottle, and the louche is better than I first realized. This is one of my 3 top blanches, La Maison Fontaine and Blanche traditionelee being the other 2. Blanchette is in good company.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account