Copyright 2017 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Brevans A. O. Spare
Traditional Absinthe
I have had the opportunity of tasting 1st batch of that absinthe as well as the newest one that is not for sale so far.

Colour is deep enough and nice

Louche is gradual, desirable

Aroma is superb with very strong pontica, wormwood notes, some coriander with aniseed swirling around.

Flavour is bold, pontica goodness at its best, not heavy on the palate, refreshing and crisp. Finish is long with well-placed wormwood.

I really liked it. Although from the label and aura that surrounds it, it might have ended like Mansinthe or Duplais Balance, this one is a good, even very good, nicely-crafted traditional absinthe. Good work, Oliver!
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by absinthist July 07, 2009
Last updated: July 07, 2009
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (60)

Pontica feast

I have had the opportunity of tasting 1st batch of that absinthe as well as the newest one that is not for sale so far.

Colour is deep enough and nice

Louche is gradual, desirable

Aroma is superb with very strong pontica, wormwood notes, some coriander with aniseed swirling around.

Flavour is bold, pontica goodness at its best, not heavy on the palate, refreshing and crisp. Finish is long with well-placed wormwood.

I really liked it. Although from the label and aura that surrounds it, it might have ended like Mansinthe or Duplais Balance, this one is a good, even very good, nicely-crafted traditional absinthe. Good work, Oliver!

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account