Copyright 2017 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Verte de Fougerolles
Traditional Absinthe
Color: light green with hints of straw

Louche: using the lady fountain, I got some great layering. Louche was extremely thick: almost too thick.

Aroma: lots of anise with a touch of wormwood behind it. I can't make out much else due to the strength of the anise.

Flavor: First impression is nice, with a well rounded sweetness and bitterness playing out, but at the tail end, it does a 180 and has a bit of acridity.

Finish: There's something that I can't put my finger on, but I don't like it at all. Theres just a bit of lingering bitterness.

Overall: If the issue with the finish were to be corrected, this would be an enjoyable, mid-range absinthe that would probably work really well in an absinthe frappe.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Brian Robinson March 04, 2009
#1 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (211)

A decent mid-range offering

Color: light green with hints of straw

Louche: using the lady fountain, I got some great layering. Louche was extremely thick: almost too thick.

Aroma: lots of anise with a touch of wormwood behind it. I can't make out much else due to the strength of the anise.

Flavor: First impression is nice, with a well rounded sweetness and bitterness playing out, but at the tail end, it does a 180 and has a bit of acridity.

Finish: There's something that I can't put my finger on, but I don't like it at all. Theres just a bit of lingering bitterness.

Overall: If the issue with the finish were to be corrected, this would be an enjoyable, mid-range absinthe that would probably work really well in an absinthe frappe.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account