Copyright 2017 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Jade PF 1901
Traditional Absinthe
A natural clear forest-green with hints of yellow. The louche is thick and "milky" but not one-dimensional at all, with blue highlights on the rim.

The aroma is rich and creamy, foreshadowing the mouthfeel (which is quite possibly the richest of any absinthe I've tried.) The flavors are creamy and darker-toned -- I can recall one review or forum post saying that the taste is somewhat reminiscent of warm chocolate chip cookies, and there's something uncannily spot on about that observation.

Not only my favorite of all the Jade absinthes, but one of my favorite absinthes of all time.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Shuichi Shindou January 24, 2017
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (6)

My favorite of the Jades

A natural clear forest-green with hints of yellow. The louche is thick and "milky" but not one-dimensional at all, with blue highlights on the rim.

The aroma is rich and creamy, foreshadowing the mouthfeel (which is quite possibly the richest of any absinthe I've tried.) The flavors are creamy and darker-toned -- I can recall one review or forum post saying that the taste is somewhat reminiscent of warm chocolate chip cookies, and there's something uncannily spot on about that observation.

Not only my favorite of all the Jade absinthes, but one of my favorite absinthes of all time.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account