Copyright 2017 - Custom text here

Review Detail

L'Enjôleuse
Traditional Absinthe
Color: A peridot green quite darker than usual, very inviting.

Louche: So much orange and yellow. Thick and colorful. It stays very thick up to 1:5, then gets opalescent.

Aroma: Strong, with the typical Devoille alcohol carrying the holy trinity but also liquorice. Richer and more fruity and spicy than the usual Devoille offer. Satisfying. Aroma intensifies a lot with water.

Flavor: Complex, very complex. Holy trinity, liquorice, I’d also say Angelica and Calamus. Some spicyness, but not coming from star anise. An overall sweetness, in no way obtrusive.

Finish: It lingers long in every part of the mouth and nose and throat.

Overall: I tasted a sample sento to me by a friend, from a bottle opened in 2012, four years ago. This may explain why my notes are different from those of others. I think it’s a very satisfying drink, somehow half way between the current Centenaire and Svensk’s Grön Opal.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Chiopris July 09, 2016
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (29)

Dark, intense

Color: A peridot green quite darker than usual, very inviting.

Louche: So much orange and yellow. Thick and colorful. It stays very thick up to 1:5, then gets opalescent.

Aroma: Strong, with the typical Devoille alcohol carrying the holy trinity but also liquorice. Richer and more fruity and spicy than the usual Devoille offer. Satisfying. Aroma intensifies a lot with water.

Flavor: Complex, very complex. Holy trinity, liquorice, I’d also say Angelica and Calamus. Some spicyness, but not coming from star anise. An overall sweetness, in no way obtrusive.

Finish: It lingers long in every part of the mouth and nose and throat.

Overall: I tasted a sample sento to me by a friend, from a bottle opened in 2012, four years ago. This may explain why my notes are different from those of others. I think it’s a very satisfying drink, somehow half way between the current Centenaire and Svensk’s Grön Opal.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account