Copyright 2017 - Custom text here

Review Detail

St. George Absinthe
Traditional Absinthe
I'll keep it short: color before louche is a dead-leaf which tends to bow to orange-ish. The neat scent is off-putting for me. It's probably due to the brandy base but I'm not entirely sure as there are a LOT of botanicals listed on the label. Louche is great though - nice and thick... billowing cloudbanks with a glass dripper which is a kick to watch. Drip too fast and you'll get a thin louche though! Smell and taste after louche is confusing and off-putting :(

I respect this absinthe for what it represents in American absinthe history - but it just isn't my taste at all.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by josephlabrecque April 10, 2014
Last updated: April 10, 2014
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (47)

Hmmm...

I'll keep it short: color before louche is a dead-leaf which tends to bow to orange-ish. The neat scent is off-putting for me. It's probably due to the brandy base but I'm not entirely sure as there are a LOT of botanicals listed on the label. Louche is great though - nice and thick... billowing cloudbanks with a glass dripper which is a kick to watch. Drip too fast and you'll get a thin louche though! Smell and taste after louche is confusing and off-putting :(

I respect this absinthe for what it represents in American absinthe history - but it just isn't my taste at all.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account