Copyright 2018 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Duplais Blanche
Traditional Absinthe
Appearance: Crystal clear except for the slightest hint of yellow.

Louche: Slightly on the thick side and definitely monotone. Not much to say about the louche really.

Aroma: Butter? Anise and fennel dominate with a citrusy edge. A floral wormwood seems shy and not much else seems to be going on here.

Flavor: Oily texture and star anise are the first impressions. There's a flavor that reminds me of tea as well. The characteristic chalky texture of Matter absinthes is noted as well.

Finish: Wormwood and warm but rough spice tones appear quick but recede to a mirror of the flavor. The finish is average in length.

Overall: A drinkable blanche but nothing I would go out of my way for.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Evan Camomile October 21, 2013
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (70)

Butter?

Appearance: Crystal clear except for the slightest hint of yellow.

Louche: Slightly on the thick side and definitely monotone. Not much to say about the louche really.

Aroma: Butter? Anise and fennel dominate with a citrusy edge. A floral wormwood seems shy and not much else seems to be going on here.

Flavor: Oily texture and star anise are the first impressions. There's a flavor that reminds me of tea as well. The characteristic chalky texture of Matter absinthes is noted as well.

Finish: Wormwood and warm but rough spice tones appear quick but recede to a mirror of the flavor. The finish is average in length.

Overall: A drinkable blanche but nothing I would go out of my way for.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account