Copyright 2017 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Absinthe Taboo
Traditional Absinthe
Appearance: Absolutely beautiful in the glass. Just the faintest emerald hue amidst crystalline clarity.

Louche: Thin trails lead to a thick fog that keeps a nice separation between the louche and the top layer. This holds until 1.5:1 or so, then it's completely foggy with a hint of green.

Aroma: This is the downfall for me on this one. It's slightly spicy, but overly medicinal until the dilution is at least 4:1. Only then does the aroma balance out a bit.

Flavor: Slightly thin in feel, there are some interesting flavors happening in the background. A tad bitter (in a good way), a little spicy and fruity, works best if you let it sit in your mouth and warm a bit before swallowing. Nothing really stands out as a "wow" but there's not much to complain about, either.

Finish: Very dry with a lingering bitterness (again, in a good way).

Overall: Not a bad effort at all, but nothing that really stands out as superior over other brands.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by coasterguy June 09, 2013
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (6)

Absinthe, eh?

Appearance: Absolutely beautiful in the glass. Just the faintest emerald hue amidst crystalline clarity.

Louche: Thin trails lead to a thick fog that keeps a nice separation between the louche and the top layer. This holds until 1.5:1 or so, then it's completely foggy with a hint of green.

Aroma: This is the downfall for me on this one. It's slightly spicy, but overly medicinal until the dilution is at least 4:1. Only then does the aroma balance out a bit.

Flavor: Slightly thin in feel, there are some interesting flavors happening in the background. A tad bitter (in a good way), a little spicy and fruity, works best if you let it sit in your mouth and warm a bit before swallowing. Nothing really stands out as a "wow" but there's not much to complain about, either.

Finish: Very dry with a lingering bitterness (again, in a good way).

Overall: Not a bad effort at all, but nothing that really stands out as superior over other brands.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account