Copyright 2017 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Butterfly
Traditional Absinthe
Appearance: An average yellow-green, with maybe a touch of haze.

Louche: A pretty color, but a hint too thick. Nice glowing red highlights, and maybe even a bit of purple.

Aroma: The smell is noticeable, but not bursting with aroma. Definitely all three of the trinity are present, but not much else is going on here.

Flavor/Mouthfeel: A decent amount of wormwood up front that comes across nice and peppery, and the flavor isn't overly sweet.

Finish: Any sweetness that was present starts to recede and it becomes fairly tongue-numbing. This goes on for a long time.

Overall: I know that this is a reproduction of an old recipe, but it's really not pushing the envelope or taking many risks here. I like the absinthe quite a bit overall; it's well done and a good one for wormwood fanatics, but it's not particularly sublime or complex.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Amber Peter March 26, 2013
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (58)

Plays it safe

Appearance: An average yellow-green, with maybe a touch of haze.

Louche: A pretty color, but a hint too thick. Nice glowing red highlights, and maybe even a bit of purple.

Aroma: The smell is noticeable, but not bursting with aroma. Definitely all three of the trinity are present, but not much else is going on here.

Flavor/Mouthfeel: A decent amount of wormwood up front that comes across nice and peppery, and the flavor isn't overly sweet.

Finish: Any sweetness that was present starts to recede and it becomes fairly tongue-numbing. This goes on for a long time.

Overall: I know that this is a reproduction of an old recipe, but it's really not pushing the envelope or taking many risks here. I like the absinthe quite a bit overall; it's well done and a good one for wormwood fanatics, but it's not particularly sublime or complex.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account