Copyright 2018 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Traditional Absinthe
Appearance: Green with a hint of yellow. It's a little pale.

Louche: Pale and milky without being too creamy or thick...it reflects things from far away from the glass, almost like a crystal ball.

Aroma: Sweet and candied, quite soft, with some fennel, violet, and something that reminds me (in a good way) of Play-doh.

Flavor/Mouthfeel: Large and peppery spices which are somewhat hiding the absinthe notes. There's also something almost metallic in the flavor.

Finish: The finish is dry, and with prominently bitter (also in a good way) wormwood and citrus, along with more of the metallic feeling from earlier that makes my mouth water.

Overall: Softness in an absinthe is ok, but I don't like how out of balance it is with the spice flavors. It's definitely still likable.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Amber Peter February 14, 2013
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (58)

Spicy mystery...

Appearance: Green with a hint of yellow. It's a little pale.

Louche: Pale and milky without being too creamy or thick...it reflects things from far away from the glass, almost like a crystal ball.

Aroma: Sweet and candied, quite soft, with some fennel, violet, and something that reminds me (in a good way) of Play-doh.

Flavor/Mouthfeel: Large and peppery spices which are somewhat hiding the absinthe notes. There's also something almost metallic in the flavor.

Finish: The finish is dry, and with prominently bitter (also in a good way) wormwood and citrus, along with more of the metallic feeling from earlier that makes my mouth water.

Overall: Softness in an absinthe is ok, but I don't like how out of balance it is with the spice flavors. It's definitely still likable.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account