Copyright 2017 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Perroquet
Traditional Absinthe
3/17/12

Appearance: A brilliant and clear lime green. Jewel-like with a hint of yellow.

Louche: Glittering ribbons swirl throughout the glass, before the absinthe turns a cloudy jade hue.

Aroma: Fruity, citrus scents are most apparent in the forefront, with a slightly savory and vegetal quality present. Could this be coriander, or perhaps its due to the grape base?

Flavor: Very robust herbs... hot and spicy. White pepper comes to mind. There's some anise sweetness here, but the bitter wormwood overtakes it. Again I am getting a little savory aspect.

Finish: Surprisingly light-bodied for the amount of astringency. Has a mouth feel reminiscent of cognac. Has a nice tingling effect on the tongue.

Overall: Much spicier and bold than the light and soft types of expectations I had for some reason. Could be the name/packaging that put the idea in my head. The vegetal aspect I mentioned is not overt but warrants a small deduction. This would score higher in my book with more complexity in the flavor or aroma.
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Neorebel January 28, 2013
Last updated: January 28, 2013
Top 50 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (12)

Solid absinthe, but some shortcomings

3/17/12

Appearance: A brilliant and clear lime green. Jewel-like with a hint of yellow.

Louche: Glittering ribbons swirl throughout the glass, before the absinthe turns a cloudy jade hue.

Aroma: Fruity, citrus scents are most apparent in the forefront, with a slightly savory and vegetal quality present. Could this be coriander, or perhaps its due to the grape base?

Flavor: Very robust herbs... hot and spicy. White pepper comes to mind. There's some anise sweetness here, but the bitter wormwood overtakes it. Again I am getting a little savory aspect.

Finish: Surprisingly light-bodied for the amount of astringency. Has a mouth feel reminiscent of cognac. Has a nice tingling effect on the tongue.

Overall: Much spicier and bold than the light and soft types of expectations I had for some reason. Could be the name/packaging that put the idea in my head. The vegetal aspect I mentioned is not overt but warrants a small deduction. This would score higher in my book with more complexity in the flavor or aroma.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account