Copyright 2018 - Custom text here

Review Detail

Appearance: A clear dark and heavy yellow. Very topaz and a bit dead leaved.

Louche: Thick and milky while retaining lots of color but surprisingly hued. Not opaque but definitely thicker than perfect.

Aroma: Coriander, and as expected vanilla jump out at me first. Star anise and an upfront wormwood play a bit with a mild citrus note. Menthol tone is in the background.

Flavor: As expected this is strong and herbaceous. Star anise is heavy with coriander spikes. The vanilla smoothness plays a nice role but it's not as smooth as one would expect. Thankfully the mentholated tone is further in the background.

Finish: Vanilla hits up-front and a decent sweetness shows up that is spiked with the spice tone. There is an interesting astringency on the side of my tongue as well as a mentholated background note.

Overall: While the barrel aging seems to have improved this one it still suffers the flaws of what was put into the barrel. A few of the defects have been aged out but not completely. Maybe give it another year in the barrel?
Overall rating 

Appearance 

Louche 

Aroma 

Flavor / Mouthfeel 

Finish 

Overall 

Reviewed by Evan Camomile September 30, 2012
Top 10 Reviewer  -   View all my reviews (70)

Some polish

Appearance: A clear dark and heavy yellow. Very topaz and a bit dead leaved.

Louche: Thick and milky while retaining lots of color but surprisingly hued. Not opaque but definitely thicker than perfect.

Aroma: Coriander, and as expected vanilla jump out at me first. Star anise and an upfront wormwood play a bit with a mild citrus note. Menthol tone is in the background.

Flavor: As expected this is strong and herbaceous. Star anise is heavy with coriander spikes. The vanilla smoothness plays a nice role but it's not as smooth as one would expect. Thankfully the mentholated tone is further in the background.

Finish: Vanilla hits up-front and a decent sweetness shows up that is spiked with the spice tone. There is an interesting astringency on the side of my tongue as well as a mentholated background note.

Overall: While the barrel aging seems to have improved this one it still suffers the flaws of what was put into the barrel. A few of the defects have been aged out but not completely. Maybe give it another year in the barrel?

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account