DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

A beautiful green emerald, that turned into a fragrant green opal. Sweet, creamy, balanced, refreshing, and not a hint of bad astringency in the finish. Picky, desiring a 4.5:1, but delivering heaven at that point.

Drinking absente again are ye?

A small sample glass each of Pernod Fils 1910 and 14.

I have entered the hallowed gates of Shangri-La. :worshippy:

Nice!! :thumbup: Someday. :cheers:

Yeah yeah. You rich guys and your booze. :arrr:

Something tells me that it. wasn't overly pricey, no matter how priceless the flavor.

But I've been wrong once or twice. :laugh:

A small sample glass each of Pernod Fils 1910 and 14.

I have entered the hallowed gates of Shangri-La.

Pics or it didn't happen! :laugh:

I was talking about the gates of Shangri-La. :cheers:

Found some big,fat,soft,juicy limes at the supermarket today.Ice cold,pulpy,fresh squeezed limeade,and lots of it.

Edited by redwun

:thumbup: Just finished drinking the last of my Zu Zubrowka. had two Frisky Bisons. Now if I could only find another bottle of it at a store close than a Specs! :unsure: Pravda serves it in Nola,but I like having it stocked in my liquor cabinet. B)

L'Ancienne after watching the best movie of the summer so far. Dark Knight Rises is awesome.

Wow I am now jealous of you! Living la dolce vita good sir :euro:

:closedeyes: So now you like l'ancienne? Someone so new to absinthe having preban, yeah....I'd agree with your assessment. Now share the evidence. B) Edited by greytail

I like it....I like it a lot.......thanks for sharing you lucky man. Very nice pics, but how about some tasting comparisons.

Edited by greytail

Not drinking tonight, but I was up at Avery in Boulder today and had a "3 Point 5 Session Ale", available only at the tap house (and probably only for a while). 3.5% abv, I assume they were going for an English "ordinary bitter" style, and they nailed it. Back in my homebrewing days brewing a good ordinary was the holy grail for me, and I never really got it.

Very nice pics, but how about some tasting comparisons.
No comparison at all. L'A is nothing like the PF. No way, no how. Not even close.

Strike a nerve did we? :tongue:

Relax. Nothing personel. Afterall, what do I know? Never had preban before. However, since you brought it up. Care to describe the differences in detail? L'ancienne isn't going to replicate preban in all aspects, but even seasoned absinthe drinkers can pick up similarities between it and pre-ban.

The pics beg to differ too. The L'ancienne and 1914 look remarkably the same, so that right there would be some shared similarities, though not taste related.

Edited by greytail

:devil:

'bout the closest I figure.

Oh well. The important thing is did he enjoy the experience? It looks like he did. Cheers songcatcher.

Edited by greytail