DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I like the way you think! :)

I'm kinda OCD about it for some reason. *shrugs*

Sometimes, Bill, ya just gotta do it with the H2O. Weekend is near. :)

Made up a really nice drink of white tea, dried strawberry, rose petals, coconut, catnip, sage, scullcap, wood betony, vervain, motherwort, red clover, marigold, and lavender, and dribbled some hibiscus cordial into it.

Water......straight up. No ice, no straw and no booze.

Gotta get my mind right to go to the office tomorrow.

:laugh:

What do you think the big glass of Verte is for? Taking my %$#$#% to the stupid $@!$ and %%#% to smithereens, will get me some time off in Huntsville, TX. David Crosby didn't think much of that vacation camp.

Edited by Miguel

I need to purchase some Pacifique and Ridge soon.

Same here, thanks for reminding me.

the Bengals

I prefer

. :devil:

Cruel. :)

Boy howdy I'll tell you what, you don't know careful driving until you've negotiated insane traffic and poor roads with about 20 bottles of Belgian ale strapped to a tiny 100 CC scooter. :wacko: I drive exponentially safer when there's precious potables in my charge.

Chimay, Leffe, Maredsous, and De Ranke have already been drunk. De Ranke's XX Bitter is great if you are into really hoppy beers. Not much of the expected Belgian malt/yeast, but you're expected not to expect it. Maredsous Blonde is too simple, Leffe Blonde is too sweet, Chimay's blonde could be more complex but what can you do.

Tomorrow is the first day of the Dragon Boat Festival, so I don't work at 8:30 AM! Who else thinks 2-day weekends are a gift from the gods? (I suspect Dionysus)

Looks like it's gonna be a nice event.

Cracked open my new bottle of AO Spare. It is TASTY! Thanks to those who recommended it. :cheers:

BC power louched with not so cold water. Yikes, DARPA could use this to hide submarines!

Anyhoo, the taste is the same velvety sweet absinthe, with the flavors more up front with the slightly cooler than room temp water. Hats of to the BC team!

I wanna see a picture of all that ale strapped to the scooter..

Hah well I'm afraid it's disappearing fast.

I just finished a delicious glass of Orval's blonde ale. The immediate smell was dry vermouth - lemon, coriander, a hint of orange. Taste was more orange, banana and some pear perhaps. Not much malt, but some yeast and a very light hoppy finish. Simple, light, and refreshing.

And now I'm having a tiny glass of newly opened Ardbeg Uigeadail. Added some cool water to open her up and because it's 30 degrees in my apartment, not exactly "room temperature" room temperature.

The box for the Ardbeg says "With water a little cloudiness may occur which is perfectly natural" and I thought "it louches!!!"

Ron"s Special Blend. A blend of different vertes. Parts of bottles he found laying around the house looking "sad". So, he put them together and they are happy and quite tasty.

He's not allowed to clean out my closet anymore. ;)

:cheers:

Taking care of a tummy ache. first with Pacifique, and now with MoL.

Of course I wouldn't have one if I didn't eat so much unhealthy crap.

I love Firestone-Walker. Haven't had the Parabola, but I've had plenty of that Reserve Porter, delicious.

It's going to be a cold beer here tonight, waiting for dinner to get done to choose one. Need to battle this heat a bit with something refreshing.

I had a dream last night that I was in Kalispell and a local brewery had a huckleberry porter out. I kept asking Joe and Ron if they'd had it and of it was any good. They said yes.