DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Rumor has it that I'm not a big Jades fan

Rumor? Aren't those the things that people that have too much time on their hands dream up and spread like so much horse shit?

Usually, but there's always the exception to the rule. :)

Vieux Pontarlier. As soon as the first drop of water hits it it starts smelling like heaven.

Course its towards the bottom of the bottle, and everybody knows thats where the thewjamajonies live.

"Party on Garth" :drunk:

Edited by Songcatcher

Give every bottle of absinthe a good shake before pouring. It distributes the sea monkeys evenly through out the bottle. Less ugliness in the last drink.

I really don't care what they say, it's a practice I've adopted and it suits me fine. Now, if I just had some absinthe.

'Tis a Bud Lite night......pray for me. :cheers:

Give every bottle of absinthe a good shake before pouring. Less ugliness in the last drink.
But,...but...i kinda like the uglies. :twitchsmile:
Now, if I just had some absinthe.
Dammit if i could I'd sure sling one your way.

It is rather cool how just a slight variation in climate will change a drink.

It's good you picked up on that.

:)

Pretty neat how that never happens with the OAE.

Funny. Just got on here while having a glass of ridge. Awesome stuff. Definitely seems better than the last time i uncorked the bottle.

It's been my experience that Ridge is always exceptional and just gets better from there. (I kinda like it.....a little.)

Funny. Just got on here while having a glass of ridge. Awesome stuff. Definitely seems better than the last time i uncorked the bottle.

I've had the same delightful experience with Ridge.

And I suspect you may have a similar experience with Blues Cat.

Call it an educated hunch regarding Ericsinthe. :)

After branching out to another brand recently, my wife said she liked VC better than our

new bottle of Pacifique, so I felt I had to do a little side by side comparison tonight.

Appearance-wise, the Pacifique takes the cake- a perfectly peridot color & opaline

louche to the VC's duck-pond olive color & overly opaque cloud, but flavor-wise, I'd say

they're really both incredibly delicious. I closed my eyes & switched the glasses around

until I forgot which was which, then tasted them blind. They were easily discernable,

with the VC having more sweetness & spice, & the Pacifique tasting much dryer, with a

more complexly floral herbal bill. My preference is still with the Pacifique, but knowing

her sweet tooth, I can see why she prefers the VC. I certainly can't feel bad about

having more of either waiting on the shelf. Certainly a win-win experiment :cheers:

Both are near and dear as they were my first vertes, and now both locally available. But it would be a disservice to your taste buds to not occasionally get some products from DP, Ridge, La Clandestine, Duplais, and the new Marteau.

Both are near and dear as they were my first vertes, and now both locally available. But it would be a disservice to your taste buds to not occasionally get some products from DP, Ridge, La Clandestine, Duplais, and the new Marteau.

Ridge & WW are next on the list, but finances are such that I can't sample everything on the menu at once :laugh:

Edited by akumushi

American Brewing's Breakaway IPA...very biscuity, fruity, and resinous with a very long, dry finish.

Another in a long line of winners from one of the first two brewers I turned on to absinthe, back in 2002, Skip Madsen.

Whether it's been Pike, Big Time, Boundary Bay, Water Street, and now American, he's a brewer with mad skills.

Handling his absinthe, however, was a whole 'nother story. :blowup: :laugh:

Edited by Absomphe

A clear absinthe that calls itself decent. All cloudy, opalescent and blue-ish. Very refreshing.

I found it in my desk at work. The things I hide from myself. :cheerz: