DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

At brompton bar in London... had my first taste of both butterfly and angelique. Liked both but preferred the butterfly. Great bar, delicious food.

:thumbup:

L'ancienne is indeed tasty. Had a taste of the first run. I have read that the second batch (currently available) has been tamed a bit. This has me second guessing grabbing a bottle.

well, I haven't had any of the first run but the second one is, for my money, well worth the investment. I'm a pretty cheap bastard for the most part and was quite apprehensive as well. But it's my favorite one at the moment as well. In spite of(or because of) this I cracked 2 aged (or at least "rested") bottles from the secret stash and have been hitting them regularly so I can give the L'ancienne some more time to smooth out. It's only flaws to my mind are the inescapable result of its youth. Give it a few years, if possible.

Bear in mind that I've been a fan of all of Stefano's products when assessing my opinion. I know some folks don't like what he does but I'm not one of 'em.

:dev-cheers:

Today I visited Soho Wine Supply and bought a bottle of Butterfly and a bottle of Enigma. Trying the Enigma right now and loving it.

what the corpse from sleazeattle said. I found it like nothing else, but I also found it absolutely amazing. It really is awesome, and the louche is a big wow.

Today I visited Soho Wine Supply and bought a bottle of Butterfly and a bottle of Enigma. Trying the Enigma right now and loving it.

[/quote

You know how to live! :thumbup:

Enjoying some oysters with ice cold French vermouth.

A dash of Jade VS makes the vermouth taste (and pair) that much better!!

Edited by thickasabrick

... give the L'ancienne some more time to smooth out. It's only flaws to my mind are the inescapable result of its youth. Give it a few years, if possible.

Bear in mind that I've been a fan of all of Stefano's products when assessing my opinion. I know some folks don't like what he does but I'm not one of 'em.

:dev-cheers:

And I'm not either. However, a few years? I suppose that would be ideal, and I certainly agree, but I bet just another 6-10 months will get it largely there. I noticed in my most recent evaluation (mid April) that the anise component had finally started to open up.

VP, which must be a cousin with the parrot. Good thing I kept my sugar cubes and my spoons. Maybe a little down time in the topette will calm it down.

Went to Nightjar last night. O. My. God. Sixteen different absinthes on the menu.

Let's see... I had Emile 68, L'Authentique, Napoleon III, Angelique and bloody hell but I can't remember the fifth. Suisse Verte, I think.

And then the guy sitting next to me bought my daughter and me a glass of champagne each.

It's going to be a slow morning.

Edited by crow

Fremont Bourbon Barrel Abominable Ale, affectionately known as "B-Bomb".

I don't usually like over-the-top bourbony beers, but this one is the most complex and powerfully flavored I've ever tasted.

Absolutely delicious, incredible stuff, and coming out of Seattle, that's more than a bit of a surprise.

What samples did you get?!!!

I ordered a bottle of Sauvage, and a bottle of La Grenouille. And an AbsintheExplore kit of Roquette, Mansinthe, Duplias Verte, Doubs Mystique, Montmartre, Opaline.

I must say, that the WS reviews were super helpful for me. Both the Sauvage, and the Frog were rated high. Which is a big reason for me ordering them both. And I am in love with both. Superb. I have 11 absinthes, and those two are by far the best, in my opinion. Thanks guys.

Jade 1901. Speaking of wich,I found some nice replacement corks at Bed Bath and Beyond recently.You get a packet of 6 for $6.Three T tops,and three plain tops.Made of real cork and they're all tapered.Fits the Jades very nicely.