DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

(Look it up. You'll be surprised, or maybe not, at how many Christian traditions were taken from the pagans.)

Or not suprised at all.

Ditto.

Which should be even a lesser surprise than that.

Amazing how different aged NO, and newly opened NO can taste. And in my case, they are both from the same Aug/2008 batch. So after a largish dose from the new bottle, it got a Pacifique cork, and it went back into its box.

Speaking of range time, I need to go back soon, lest the dust bunnies impair my XD45Tac, and I need more time with the Ruger 10/22. I do need to get something in 7.62X51, as neither my 22 or 45 can reach the ends of my property, and it is nice to hear a real bullet being fired. Haven't shot 7.62 since an ex armorer co-worker let me fire his old G3, talk about a cantankerous cannon, but one easy to get back into action.

:police:

7. No Political or Religious Debates or Gibes.

And from the very same section.

"This doesn't mean that the very mention of these topics is forbidden, ..."

I think arak is under-appreciated by many.

I also think Ridge Arak might appeal to a slightly broader market than you might think.

If it contains a grape base, and the same lovely anise that's evident in Ridge Verte, then I have no doubt that it would give the Lebanese stuff a good run for its money.

La Fee. <sniff>

From a delightful preban to La Fee in the same weekend. I need to work on managing my absinthe allowance a bit better. <sigh>

Ridge Blanche made me an early convert to wild Montana Aa.

Ridge Verte, which makes a great case for carefully acquired organic herbs.

Edited by Miguel

I'd be game for Ridge Arak. I almost had the last of the best arak I've ever had last night. However, I decided to wait on that one.

La Feh. <sniff>

Indeed.

Doesn't that translate to "The Fuck?" :twitchsmile:

Edited by baubel

(Look it up. You'll be surprised, or maybe not, at how many Christian traditions were taken from the pagans.)

Or not suprised at all.

Not surprised, and not arguing; however the Jewish roots of Christian traditions should also be mentioned. Kind of trippy to contemplate the various threads woven into the rich tapestry of human culture.

I'll leave it at that, as this is not the place for opening that can of worms.

On the other hand, if it's a bottle of wormwood that you want to open, then by all means! :cheers:

Kind of trippy to contemplate the various threads woven into the rich tapestry of human culture.

I couldn't have put it better. Quite sublime.

Saison du Pelican.

Very authentic representation of the style. Crisp, herbal, spicy, very drinkable and refreshing. :thumbup:

Dogfish Head Noble Rot.

Ale brewed with grape must. No brett here, but rotten grapes do the trick to add barnyard funk and a very sour edge. Lots of sour green apple, horse blanket, vinegar, biscuity notes, white wine, plenty of tartness. It drinks more like a champagne, but there are enough Saison characteristics to make this a successful hybrid.

It's hard to believe so much snappy flavor could come from a beer that's about as pale in color, and as full in body as Dud Lite™, but it does.

Move over, Stone Ruination, this incredibly easy drinkin' 9% bad boy may just usurp your position as my number one go-to quaff on one of those (thankfully rare up here) hot summer days.

Edited by Absomphe

After cutting the grass a floral glass of Corsair Red(mighty tasty), after dinner a glass of Ridge V(stands on its own), now wandering into the Meadow of Luv (Le sigh)

Slow down. It will last longer that way.

I've never been a "the glass is half empty" or "the glass is half full" type. I'm the "Hey, theres something in my glass!" kinda guy. :drunk:

San Pellegrino and orgeat, with a few drops of Marteau.

I had to google two of those :g: