DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Yes, we'll have to make up for it in June. :cheers:

Let me know about any good drinking spots you find, as I do get down here often. We also went to Tabards Inn, which only had Kübler and pernod but they make a great cocktail with absinthe, orgeat, and spring water... among other very tasty concoctions.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Also, a fantastic Sunday brunch. ;)

Batch #84 of Hair of the Dog Adam.

By a stretch, the best it's ever been...the usual coconut, chocolate, toffee, tobacco, leather, wood and lots of smoke, but the flavors are more seamless, and the body is creamier than ever.

As close to perfection as beer gets.

Followed that up with a glass of Singularity.

Smoother than the previous bottle with absolutely marvelous bourbon barrel flavors.

If this stuff only had a deeper roast component, it would be in the top tier of world class stouts.

Still, there is a decided chocolate component, and very discernible coconut to go along with the bourbon, vanilla, and oak, and it's really smooth with little hint of its 14% percent alcohol.

Even at $20 bucks a pop, I'd continue to buy this to celebrate special occasions. It's certainly my favorite Canadian beer, eclipsing the various Unibroues.

After all the trouble I went through, and caused, a glass of VC sure is nice. A good absinthe with its own personality, but I'm glad it is the way it is.

Edit to fix 'its' from the clutches of autocorrect.

Edited by Miguel

Dark Corner Distillery's moonshine.

Distilled right in downtown Greenville, it is really good. We toured the distillery (tiny handmade copper pot still) and had a sample of the 100 proof unaged corn whiskey and the soon to be released 80 proof peach whiskey.

I had to go back and buy a bottle.

http://darkcornerdistillery.com/

Great stuff, Christy drank her sample with an anise candy in her mouth (coincidence) and REALLY liked it.

I have enjoyed our hotel room that much more with the moonshine on hand.

:cheers:

DSC00640.jpg

I had a real southern boy night...moonshine, rabbit, boar, and quail for dinner. YEEHAW!

Batch #84 of Hair of the Dog Adam.

By a stretch, the best it's ever been...the usual coconut, chocolate, toffee, tobacco, leather, wood and lots of smoke, but the flavors are more seamless, and the body is creamier than ever.

As close to perfection as beer gets.

Followed that up with a glass of Singularity.

Smoother than the previous bottle with absolutely marvelous bourbon barrel flavors.

If this stuff only had a deeper roast component, it would be in the top tier of world class stouts.

Still, there is a decided chocolate component, and very discernible coconut to go along with the bourbon, vanilla, and oak, and it's really smooth with little hint of its 14% percent alcohol.

Even at $20 bucks a pop, I'd continue to buy this to celebrate special occasions. It's certainly my favorite Canadian beer, eclipsing the various Unibroues.

Arsenic and Old Lace. x2.5. A perfectly harmonious blend of wormwood, fennel, anise, hyssop, melissa, a touch of speedwell, a bit of juniper, eleucampagne, coriander, violette, and a splash o piney vermouth.

Usually when I see baubel post that he's have a A&OL I think "yea, that's what I'm gonna have too!". But I guess I better at least finish my tea first.

Went for a long trail run with the wife and some friends yesterday, had a post-run Great Divide Chocolate Yeti late afternoon at Trinity. A glass of Pacifique and a glass of Walton Waters in the evening and I promptly fell asleep on the couch. Our sheltie went off about 6:!5 this morning, ugh. He did not come with a working snooze button.

I had a real southern boy night...moonshine, rabbit, boar, and quail for dinner. YEEHAW!

Hell yeah!

Last night I had a nice glass of 1901...it's definitely better now that it's been open for about a year.

This morning I'm having some milky earl gray with some funky honey. There's some weird honey in the tea, too.

Just had a Pacifique. Took me about seven minutes to finish that one.

Think I'll be adventurous and try a Jade 1901 next. Pooney or not.

How DOES one spell pooney?

Use it in a sentence.

According to Ambear, the Jades all taste a bit like pooney. Or poony. Or poonie.

(Except she didn't say "pooney".)

Edited by crow

Does the WORD "cuntiness" feel well in the mouth... or does cuntiness feel well in the mouth? I suppose it's a matter of taste.

So are you saying I can't use "pooney" when referring to the Jades?

Oh lord.

I'll allow it.

Having a Duplais Balance. It's good stuff, but I like the regular Duplais better.

So are you saying I can't use "pooney" when referring to the Jades?

Sure, what the heck, it's as good a word as any to describe the base Ted uses.

I was getting tired of "musty", "musky" or just plain ol' "burnt", anyway. :laugh:

An interesting experiment that Christy had me try.

She said she wanted an absinthe with a moonshine base so I took a little DCD 'shine and Ridge blanche and mixed up a glass.

Quite nice. The earthiness of the corn, wheat and barley mix really well with the strong herbals of the blanche.

It might be a nice little niche for someone to give a whirl. Moonsinthe or Abshine.

I went about 3/8 shine to 5/8 ridge, it still louched well but a little thinner than normal.

Enjoying Ridge V. Even my wife has fallen in love with this new absinthe.

As for the Jade base, I hope Ted don't change it. It is good quality distilled white wine (or white wine leftovers). I've sipped it along side good Biondi pisco watered down to similar ABV%, and I was very impressed. To me it is among the more noticeable differences between beet NO and grape NO.

Hair of the Dog Adam from the Wood.

Creamy chocolate, tobacco, leather, smoke, vanilla, fig, wood, and a healthy shot of bourbon.

Beautifully executed, and one of my all-time favorites.