DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Having la'BDJ & Brut d'Alambic essai#5. LDF shipped my order on Monday,& it arrived here in Ct at 10:30 this morning! :worshippy: :thumbup: :yahoo: (I haven't been this excited since I sent away for sea monkeys & onion flavored chewing gum from the back of my old comic books). :bguitar:

(I haven't been this excited since I sent away for sea monkeys & onion flavored chewing gum from the back of my old comic books). :bguitar:

I remember that onion flavored gum. Why did we buy that, anyway? :unsure:

Buffalo Trace bourbon right now. As a lifetime student of liquor, I think of it as an American History elective.

La Clandestine. Good stuff. Nice louche. I still can't make my cats drink it though. :)

Refreshing and tasty stuff for sure. :cheers:

Alan, your boss sure makes good hooch.

There was this other gum that had a spring in it. When an unsuspecting person took your offering,it snapped their finger like a mouse trap.

Edited by redwun

Unibroue .
Need some tweezers to go with that? (Sorry,after four glasses i'm too much of an ass to pass that one up) :biggrin:

:laf:

Dumass.

I'm a reasonably well groomed Neanderthal, not one of those slovenly Homo Ergasters, fer cryin' out loud. :laugh:

And I'm not taking gum from anyone at GAAF.

And don't take any sugar cubes from strangers. :dribble:

Edited by redwun

I picked up a bottle of Tesseron 90 from what will surely be newest retail outlet of Ridge products in the DC area, People here have been unbelievably kind to us.

Leopold Bros. I may have missed Todd while I was out in CO, but I'm still loving the result of his work and efforts! I did, however, get to tour another CO distillery while out there- Stranahans. Great offerings indeed!

A glass of aged Seattle booze with sea monkeys, and a glass of brand new opened bottle seattle booze, to see if there is a difference.

Both are good, but the sea monkeys do win by a a small but distinctive margin. A bit smoother, and better intertwined, or something like that. Anyhow, I hope to see Sea Monkeys at the bottom of each of these Seattle booze bottles I just got, as I have a Pavlovian reaction to seeing them.

It was quite a cacophony of splashes and clicks as both see saw drippers went into action. The Lucid one is the more elegant, with its tall lines, quiet operation, slower drip rate, and long black legs. The stainless steel one with its squatter shiny legs, squatter shiny reservoir, faster flowrate, and clanking see saw, is the attention seeker of the two.

My son sent me a photo of the cherry blossoms in DC today. You picked a great time for a visit!
Yesterday was gorgeous although today promises to be very wet. Today is dedicated to the Smithsonian, ending with an evening with Brian Robinson. :cheers:

Enjoy your time there and please stay dry (literally, but not figuratively). Have fun!

My son sent me a photo of the cherry blossoms in DC today. You picked a great time for a visit!
Yesterday was gorgeous although today promises to be very wet. Today is dedicated to the Smithsonian, ending with an evening with Brian Robinson. :cheers:

We've been in Dc for a couple of days, leaving today after brunch. We never made it to the wisdom bar (too far away) but chef geofs has Leopolds, vc, Kübler, and lucid (I had the bartender make me a couple of delicious mojitoes using leopolds) and at Central Michel Richard they pulled out a little glass absinthe fountain and I had a yummy VC.

Also, was able to buy my first bottle of Leopold's here at S & R Liquors for $72 but then saw it for $99 in another store just a couple of blocks away.

DC is great. Have FUN!