DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Pacifique & Jade PF 1901.Using sugar tonight.That's something I haven't done since my first taste of absinthe wich was Lucid 2 or 3 years back.Not bad,I think I'll try sugar for a while, (unless I wake up w/a head).This is my 3rd sitting w/Pacifique.I like it much more than my 1st couple of times.Maybe it's the sugar? I'll have to try it w/& w/o sugar in a couple of days.

Is that like a dog checking his pee-mail?

Is that what my dog is doing when he stops to sniff the ground? :laugh:

Water. :cheers:

Same for me. *sigh*

No alcohol has been consumed here since the end of January.

I plan to rectify that situation this coming Saturday evening! :devil:

There ya go, Leroy!

I've moved on to some kind of rum and some soda. Warming..

Nothing. My one and only glass broke last evening. :3869-sadbanana:

Same boat when I moved last fall. I'm still sore about it but will get another pair this spring. Sorry for your loss.

If it was a bit earlier I would have cracked open a bottle of wine (I have one the people at the store keep calling "jammy", which sounds like a plus)...but I think I'll have to settle for something else.

Looks like I'm gonna crack into my single can of Oskar Blues HGH Double Dry Hopped Strong Ale.

Edit: unbelievably huge hop aroma, absolutely no bitterness in the flavor. Nicely done!

After a long day with the iron, and a big semi-spherical shaped chunk of rubber, glass of Lucid, and bed.

I tried that stuff when it first came out,& I really didn't like it.Has the formula changed,or perhaps my palate after a couple of years or whatevever it's been? Miguel seems to really like the stuff,& I'm beginnining to wonder if it's worth another visit.Only thing is, I've been drinking Eddy,1901,Ridge,VP,& I wonder if I'm spoiled. I'd hate to waste the money ya know?

I bought a bottle back in September, when I was just an (absinthe) infant, because it was the best brand available locally. At the time I had tried only St George, and I thought Lucid compared very poorly to StG. Soon afterward I tried many more brands and, although I did finish the Lucid, I can't imagine why I'd want to ever buy it again. I suppose it would be interesting to try it again now but I wouldn't spend the money on a whole bottle.

I forgot... I did try it again recently. There's a bar/restaurant here that has it, one of only three places locally that I know carry absinthe (the two other places carry only Kübler and Grande Absente). I've ordered it there once or twice, and I'm still not a fan.

Around where I live, it's a choice between having no absinthe at all when I go out, or having Lucid, Kübler, or Grand Absente. I'm wondering if the local bars have to order what's available in the lousy state liquor stores.

I may get beat by a clown, but a glass of Lucid down the hatch sure feels good on a warm muggy night.

Maybe, but nothing feels quite like a beat down from a clown. :devil:

However, in this case, I'll settle for "Meh". :cheers:

Around where I live, it's a choice between having no absinthe at all when I go out, or having Lucid, Kübler, or Grand Absente. I'm wondering if the local bars have to order what's available in the lousy state liquor stores.

I'm lucky to have a decent selection in stores locally, but not so much in bars.

I don't mind Lucid; IMO, it beats the hell out of Kübler & GA.

Sam Adams Boston lager. Been ages since last I had some.

What a horrible and boring beer. Sorry if you like you some sam adams. I don't remember it tasting so bad.

Edited by greytail

double sized glass of Lucid, only because it is not friday. Otherwise, I would've emptied the bottle. :)

Been running an impact wrench until my thumb started cramping from pressing the trigger.

Montana Gin Pahit. 2 oz. of Silvertip, a barspoon of Ridge V, and a barspoon of Angostura, stirred over ice and strained into a chilled cocktail glass with a lemon twist.

That's some good drinking.

Had half a glass and about thirty minutes of Melancholia. Sinked 'em both. Both were good ideas on paper, but seemed poorly implemented.

Name speaks for itself?