DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Slurs are uncalled for. Even if they are done in jest.

I refered to the missguided bartender as an idiot, because to dismiss quality hooch just because it's a bit different is silly.

He was referring to your use of the term "dyke".

That is a slur?

My bad then, I was just playing with the forum subroutine Luscious Oily Lesbians! which isn't exactly flattering either. No offence meant.

I've been called worse with cleverly worded statements. I find those more offensive, because their cleverness leaves no doubt about intention.

I will be mindful not to use that term im the future, and to politely ask others not to use them.

Yeah, it's in the same category as "faggot". Hey, knowledge is power and now you have it. No worries.

A simple glass of Cabernet tonight before hitting the hay.

Luscious Oily Lesbians is a delightful image. What's not to like? What's derogatory in it?

I am opposed to any word that castigates an entire group of people. I just can't/won't accept it.

On a happier note, I'm sipping on some pretty damn good bourbon. :cheers:

Luscious Oily Lesbians= nice!

dyke= not so much

Seriously: "Aye, that lass is indeed a luscious, oily lesbian!" v. "That bitch is such a dyke."

But... DAMN I just made myself a Ridge V on this lovely sunny, mild New England day and DAMN it is GOOOOD!

Ah what the hell, since the dyke talk has kept rolling.

I had a friend in high school named Bryan Dykes. A buddy (who happened to be named Jason Dick, wonder why my humor is so guttery?) were walking through the mall and we spotted him about 50' ahead of us.

We both yell out "DYKES!" loud enough for him to hear and suddenly realized that right behind him were two girls walking hand in hand.

They turned around and shot us the nastiest glare I have ever seen.

We then stumbled and bumbled over our words and tried to explain that was Bryan's name.

Doh!

:cheers:

I bet you wished you had a glass of water to wash your foot down. :tongue: It's happened to all of us, I'm sure. You say something foolish and then realize just after the words have escaped your lips. Unless you're a robot, you won't make it through life without inadvertently offending someone. The key is, what you do once you know you've stepped in it. That, to me, differentiates the Goofuses from the Gallants.

just after the words have escaped your lips

Understandable when one is speaking.

When it comes to posting, it seems to me, that one has all sorts of opportunities to edit and control what they are posting. There is the chance to change it before it offends someone.

Driftwood Singularity Bourbon Barrell Aged Imperial Stout from Victoria, B.C. eh?

One of the best Canadian efforts I've tasted in quite some time, which is the most apt left-handed compliment I can muster. :twitchsmile:

Actually, the stuff really grew on me as I sipped it. It's very different from what I've come to expect from a fine RIS, but that doesn't mean it isn't excellent...

Inky black pour, although just a hint of light penetrates, so there is the slightest ruby-red shading.

Nose is roasted graham cracker, a bit of chocolate, a bit more bourbon, vanilla, cedar, and allspice.Very different, but also appealing.

Body is fairly full, but could perhaps be a tad richer.

Taste is chocolate, bourbon, cedar, a surprising grapefruit/mandarin orange/tangerine/kiwi/plum middle with more chocolate, bourbon, allspice, and floral hops in the finish.

The alcohol is definitely very noticeable, and yet it is restrained for 14%, and certainly not overbearing.

Overall, it may not be The Abyss, but it's really quite yummy. :thumbup:

Edited by Absomphe

I'm sold. But for now, I'm doing Buffalo Trace mint juleps to nurse my right foot, which hurts like a :censor3: after running this morning.

I'll have to tell my dead jogger story sometime... that "runnin' stuff" will kill you. :wheelchair:

I refuse to give up on running. I just bought 3 new pairs of running shoes in an effort to get my form into the kind of shape it needs to be in to avoid foot problems going forward (minimalist style). Also, the pain gives me the perfect excuse to drink. :cheers:

When it comes to posting, it seems to me, that one has all sorts of opportunities to edit and control what they are posting. There is the chance to change it before it offends someone.

That is true, and I do agree. I was just trying to give the benefit of the doubt when someone may not be aware of stepping on someone's toes until the other person says, "Ouch!"

It's comments like that which make you one of my favorite luscious oily lesbian posters anywhere, Doc. :laugh: :heart: :cheers:

Edited by Absomphe

I refuse to give up on running. I just bought 3 new pairs of running shoes in an effort to get my form into the kind of shape it needs to be in to avoid foot problems going forward (minimalist style).

Dont know if These are what you mean my "minimalist" but i love mine. Great for running, hiking, fishing in the creek or just all around hella good footwear. The website can explain much better than i how they keep your feet in a natural stride for running. Forcing you not to heelstrike as you do with running shoes. Oh yeah, topic, whatcha drinking. Since i was on my anniversary weekend get away, i suppose a glass at 10:30 a.m. under a waterfall with my sweetie isn't entirely innapropriate, is it?

I prefer a good brisk walk though the front door, to my favorite spot at Anvil

Once there, I begin an intense workout of bending my elbow.

Edited by thegreenimp

Dont know if These are what you mean my "minimalist" but i love mine.

That's where I'm headed. I picked up some Sketchers Go Run (meant for midfoot strike), Saucony Hattoris (minimalist non-toe shoes) and Fila Skeletoes. I'll work my way through them in the order, in an effort to get as minimalist as possible, since I know the answer to my issues isn't more cushion, motion control, arch support, or ankle taping. :twitchsmile:

As for what I'm drinking, a new long drink I just made up consisting of a tall glass of ice, 1 tbsp mint water (Saraaf brand), 3/4 oz lemon quince syrup (Saraaf brand), 2 oz Buffalo Trace, topped with spring water and shaken to combine. I'm ready for warmer weather.

Dont know about those other two but either take the Skeletoes back or throw them away right now. :thumbdown: (just a cheap uncomfortable knock off). Honestly, Go for the Kimodo Sports or Bakila's (more tread than the classics or KSO's)(I need the tread for hiking and fishing) and you will be hooked for life. Just ease into them a little at a time to give your body time to adjust to running differently. And i promise, the first time you take off running through the grass in them you cant help but smile. Happy running to you. :)

I'm going to give the Skeletoes a try for a few reasons: I have very small feet and Vibram doesn't have a size that will fit me and they were incredibly comfortable. Also, I've heard that with smaller feet people who go with Vibram have had trouble with the pinky toe being separate, whereas the Skeletoes keep the pinky paired with the toe next to it, which felt quite comfortable for me. I've never had designs on using toe shoes, so the fact that they were so comfortable in the store (I did a few runs back and forth in them) sold me at least as far as trying this style.

:wave2: You're not too shabby yourself, Abs.

Maybe not in my avatar, but in real life, I kinda think of myself as an Emmet Kelly clown. :laugh:

Edited by Absomphe