DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Question to the wiser folks. Lucid and VC were among my first absinthes. I was not impressed with the Lucid (other than I liked it a lot more than pastis), and the VC was better, but still, I need sugar to enjoy either. A year later (and many more different absintes thanks to the awesome folks here) I have enjoyed VC and the Lucid ans sucre. The new VC is up there with my other favorite vertes, and the Lucid not nearly as behind as it once was. Even in appearnce they are both improved, especialy the once pale, almost blanche, Lucid.

So, did I change, or did these two latter bottles show improvement in one year?

I do plan to compare when (if?) my bonus comes in, and I restock my 'good ones'.

A,

BMA

KR,

M

:)

In one case, it might well have been a QC issue. It sure seems cured, because I get a pretty peridot, where before it looked like a blanche with the lightest of green hints.

As for the sugar, I might be getting used to anise.

Edited by Miguel

Essai #5. I dont know,it smells kinda funny before water.Can't put my finger on it but,...it smells funny. I like the bottle alot,it reminds me of one of those old ceramic bottles of Lancers rose.

Edited by redwun

Drinking i'Italienne... coming down to the bottom of the bottle and I hear it won't be made any more. So I went to LDF to order more... damn if it isn't $94 per bottle (60 pounds sterling). I don't remember paying that much before; maybe the exchange rate? Yikes.

Lucid was my first absinthe purchase in US 2.5 years ago.... I still have that bottle..... sometimes I drink it with someone who never tasted absinthe before..... one day that bottle will be empty and eventually I will have a nice two eyes bottle to serve water !

No more L'Italienne?

Damn shame. Now there won't be an excuse to drink pure perfume anymore.

You ever hear that song, "Tears of a Clown"? :chop:

Beelzebub

No more L'Italienne?

Damn shame. Now there won't be an excuse to drink pure perfume anymore.

It wasn't my favorite but I hate to see it go. I thought it tasted great and had some unique flavors that set it apart wonderfully. Pretty much a success in my book.

After drinking Lucid in honor of March 5th, I need to step up my game tonight. Some Ridge Blanche is due tonight. It might go well with this Romanesco-Couscous monstrosity I'm cooking up.

Ok, this Ted guy might know a thing or two about louching. ;)

Look at any of my reviews of his stuff. I think I might've said something like that.

Just got a few bottles of new stuff, so it's time to finish up some of the old.

That's the part I always get wrong! :twitchsmile:

hey now, I remember a certain aged Klowne being a Rossoni-made Slow Louching Bastard for awhile there. Jusssst sayin'.

Although despite my initial enthusiasm for L'italienne I still have half a bottle left after 2 years.Partially because of a semi-expanding regular go-to collection, partially my taste preferences changing, and the fact that it's done being made have sent it to the secret stash colleksh.

Tonight, it's Perroquet and some mixing of samples(musical) to keep me happy and amused. :dev-cheers:

Edited by buddhasynth

hey now, I remember a certain aged Klowne being a Rossoni-made Slow Louching Bastard for awhile there. Jusssst sayin'.

Indeed, but, screw Pagliacci, big clowns don't cry. B)

Good to see you around. You coming to GAAF?

Unfortunately I seriously doubt it. The scheduling is not good for my work-- although June is better than July, it still is the busiest time of year and tattoo shop owners don't take kindly to artists bailing out at the peak of bizness. Especially this year, as I am now in a shop that has a much better rep(deservedly so) than my previous venue--and is as well a much more stimulating learning environment (and lucrative if one has the necessary work ethic). So I really don't want to blow my politics there, not this summer anyway. My summers are usually very busy, leading up to the Seattle convention in early August, after which I'm usually free to take a week or so off. Ironically, I usually visit Montana then. A bit too late, I fear.

This has been something that has chapped my cheeks pretty royally for the duration of my involvement here. I've watched the event grow each year and the pics pile up online while I have my nose to the grindstone and I have tried not to stew about it. Bottom line, you have to fish when they are bitin', and the summer is that time. I get it, nobody (at this latitude, anyway)is gonna have a big outdoor absinthe party in January or February but that's the time I am free to do things like that.

:thumbdown:

Just make it a ski trip with the Ridge team. :)

Understand that completely. Gotta pay for roof and food before playing around. I don't think I can afford it this year (bonus will be weak), but will try saving up for next year.

A stellar idea, Miguel! :cheers:

Besides, we really have no idea time where (or even when) next year's GAAF will be. The plan is to send it all over the place so sooner or later, it will be convenient to everyone.

Drinking i'Italienne... coming down to the bottom of the bottle and I hear it won't be made any more. So I went to LDF to order more... damn if it isn't $94 per bottle (60 pounds sterling). I don't remember paying that much before; maybe the exchange rate? Yikes.

Are you sure? I just saw L'Italienne at LDF for $77.76.

Ah... I forgot to subtract the ten GBP for the VAT. In my basket it reads 59 GBP but 10 of that is the VAT I don't have to pay. I stand corrected.

A stellar idea, Miguel! :cheers:

Besides, we really have no idea time where (or even when) next year's GAAF will be. The plan is to send it all over the place so sooner or later, it will be convenient to everyone.

The Hill Country in Texas, and Nouvelle Orleans are the closes places to me I can think of. But I would love to take the Seattle - Whitefish train ride.

I just picked the wrong year to do the get rid of mountains of debt thing.

Good to see you around. You coming to GAAF?

Unfortunately I seriously doubt it.

But...commemorative event tattoos would be so cool. :headbang:

Since we've been having all this L'Italienne talk, that's what I'm having (I still have half a bottle to go!)