DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Damn, I hate bein' had! :angry2:

Oh, wait...

Same to you, buddy! :laugh: :cheers:

A friend reacted accordingly to my happy absinthe day post on FB.

He always corrects my grammar and spelling. I believe there must be a compound in hops, that when consumed in huge quantities, causes people to correct posts and make innuendos. :laugh:

So nice to have discovered what day it is this morning, and as long as the board meeting at the firehouse was, perhaps I should have started hitting this Jade VS from 9/07 before I went. :dev-cheers:

I believe there must be a compound in hops, that when consumed in huge quantities, causes people to correct posts and make innuendos. :laugh:

Busted! :paperbag3: :police: :laugh:

Edited by Absomphe

Good one! *big laugh*

:biggrin: I'm feeling quite happy after just one glass of Nouvelle-Orleans! That's an amazing elixir! Life is good! I hope y'all are feeling just as happy on this 5th annual National Absinthe Day! :biggrin:

If it's actually National Absinthe Day

What, you don't believe us?

I know, it does sound too good to be true, but it really is National Absinthe Day!

Enjoy! :biggrin:

Looks like I might need to have a thimble full later. Wish I had known about this before I made a seasonal modification to a gin gin mule, with blood orange juice.

Introduced a friend to the Emerald Muse on a fine National Absinthe Day night while listening to Cajun & Zydeco music. :thumbup:

We finished the last of my Vieux Carre. Time to restock. Wrapped up the evening with Nouvelle-Orleans. Planning on letting the rest of that bottle age a bit more, which is going to require some will power.

I just wish Lucid on FB would quit linking to Flaming photos. I'm convinced part of the Viridian folks are quite happy to go along with the flaming crowd, since they might think many absintheurs keep to ther offerings. The irony of a 'ritual' invented for non louching absinths, being used by an absinthe that louched very well, is lost on them.

Some MMA dude from Colorado keeps beating them over the head for doing so. :) Well done sir!! :cheers:

I'm not so sure about some of that post. While at the Pirates Alley Cafe, Jared was convincing people NOT to burn. I haven't checked out their FB page, but well, I just did; and I see what you mean. There is a link from them....shame on them. :thumbdown:

While at the Pirates Alley Cafe, Jared was convincing people NOT to burn.

What does Jared know, anyway?

I agree with that sheriff from The Night of the Living Dead..."Well, that's no problem, if you got a gun, shoot 'em in the head. If you don't, beat 'em or BURN 'em. They go up pretty easy." :devil:

Then why do you keep trying to triangle choke me? :laugh: ;)

When everyone's naked it's no longer fighting, it's foreplay.

Kids these days. :twitchsmile:

Lucid sans sucre.

Wow.

I know I haven't had others in a bit, but this sure seems a huge improvement over my last bottle. Beet based NO, seems less off the mark than it did once.

The neat appearance is gorgeous, and flavor + mouthfeel are quite a bit improved.

I just got my order from LDF this afternoon.Had some Jade PF 1901, Jade Edouard,and finished with Essai #5. Loved 'em all,can't wait until tomorrow!!!! I think I'll hit the sack a little early. :wheelchair:

Edited by redwun

Strong stuff Absomphe! Have you ever tried Eku 28,or Samichlaus? Not stouts,but also pretty high octane.Sami' only used to be available here on the east cost around Christmas time,but I've noticed it year round over the last couple of years.

Edited by redwun

I first tried Samichlaus in 1981.

Very brandylike, and quite nice.

I tried EKU 28 on the same day.

Absurdly malty, and yet not even close to brandylike, and absolutely nauseating.

Mephistopheles is much better than either of those.

In fact, for its strength, it's the best beer I've ever tasted, and that includes Dogfish Head World Wide Stout, although Sam Adams Millennium was in the same ballpark.

Edited by Absomphe

My boss used to drink EKU 28 and then go bowling with some of his buddies. He swears it improved his skills and that it was like sludge.

Beelzebub

Lucid sans sucre.

Wow.

I know I haven't had others in a bit, but this sure seems a huge improvement over my last bottle. Beet based NO, seems less off the mark than it did once.

The neat appearance is gorgeous, and flavor + mouthfeel are quite a bit improved.

I'll bet that hurt! :twitchsmile:

The version of that post I put on FB has a different third paragraph. It simply states that 'fpb just got some gloating rights'.

In turn, you should be more open about VC, the glass I had for Christmass was much better than previous examples I tried a year ago.