DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Arsenic and Old Lace according to A Taste For Absinthe.

My favorite recipe for that drink. But the similar Attention in Absinthe Cocktails is better. ;)

A friend let me taste her Herbsaint

Anyone else think this sounded kinda hot?

Seriously, we are just good friends,

I didn't like the taste of her Herbsaint, anyway.

Which variety did she have? The old modern version, or the new original version? :laugh:

I had a bit of the latter, served and prepared by a historian. Not absinthe, but I liked it, although sucrophobes might not like it. I heard rumors that NO is patterned after it. I might have to see if my taste buds agree.

Hmm the iPhone didn't bitch about 'sucrophobes'? I totally made it up.

Edited by Miguel

Which version was it?

The "not anniversary" version (she said). That's all I know. Not the one with the orangey label.

I just made the most bastardous bastards of a concoction.

5 minutes of balancier action later we have a concoction that has leopold, mephisto, and meadow of love served up 4.5-1 with 30 degree water.

:thumbdown:

Maybe next time don't stay up until doing this sounds appropriate.

That about sums it up...

Hope you learned your lesson! :laugh:

Started with a Pimm's Cup. Moved on to a few gin gin mules and finishing with Silvertip on ice.

Did some grilling of thick Ribeye steaks and some salmon.

It has been a beautiful day here and aside from a few mishaps.......Just pretty dang nice. :cheers:

Sweet dreams to you all. Peace!

Water.

Even this clown needs a break once in a blue moon.

Well that's a post I didn't expect to see. :pirate:

And, of course, I ended up topping that water off with a Deliverance chaser onacuz Techdiver was right about that moon not being blue. :laugh:

Arsenic and Old Lace according to A Taste For Absinthe.

My favorite recipe for that drink. But the similar Attention in Absinthe Cocktails is better. ;)

We did dueling cocktails at my usual brunch joint this afternoon. Voyager, Dolin, Meadow Of Love, E. Pernot Violette. Compared a classic Martini, The A&OL, & Attention. I, of course, liked them all. The consensus favorite of the uninitiated was the A&OL, although all were considered great.

I prefer the Aa to bitch slap me.

You bitch!

The last of my Pacifique.

Looks like that $48 closeout sale eradicated the supply in my area, so I'll just wait for the impending privatization in June to replenish my stock. I know I could order online, but that just seems too much like a step backward. B)

The last of my Pacifique.

Looks like that $48 closeout sale eradicated the supply in my area, so I'll just wait for the impending privatization in June to replenish my stock. I know I could order online, but that just seems too much like a step backward. B)

How far a drive is it to source?

Probably too far, especially since I haven't driven since '81, (very poor peripheral vision) and I'm not about navigate as poor Tish sets out on a wild goose chase. :laugh:

Besides, I do most of my absinthe drinking in the warmer months, so it's not much of a hardship anyway.

Edited by Absomphe

Lucid and Nouvelle Orleans in honor of Ted Breaux. Many thanks to Ted for making this day possible! :yahoo:

Happy National Absinthe Day, my fellow absintheurs! :cheers:

:groupwave reversed: :groupwave reversed: :groupwave reversed: :drunk:

I just wish Lucid on FB would quit linking to Flaming photos. I'm convinced part of the Viridian folks are quite happy to go along with the flaming crowd, since they might think many absintheurs keep to ther offerings. The irony of a 'ritual' invented for non louching absinths, being used by an absinthe that louched very well, is lost on them.

Some MMA dude from Colorado keeps beating them over the head for doing so. :) Well done sir!! :cheers:

I put some photos on the Lucid page. All I accomplished, is to verify what a genius id Wizard is, and that I should stick to taking photos of my kids.

RIDGE V TO CELEBRATE NATIONAL ABSINTHE DAY!

:groupwave reversed: