DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Elijah Craig 12 years. The first glass felt like lacking some character – something like Jack Daniel's – but I've just finished the third glass and we're great friends now:)

I just tried EC 12 for the first time a few weeks ago, I liked it a lot. Quite a bit of toffee/rum character to my taste, were you getting any of that?

Honestly, I'm still a bit overwhelmed by its dryness (I think I'd have guessed rye whiskey on a blind test – I'm still a little new to American whiskey), but now that you say, it has something resembling to old rum. It'll take some more glasses for me to get acquainted with this one, but I like it much anyway.

Molson's Canadian

I sure miss my absinthe.

I'll bet you also miss your beer. :tongue: :cheers:

I wanted t obe nice to my hosts, but yeah, it was water.

Real ale, and some tasty absinthe will have to console my injured taste buds this weekend.

Thankfully the several cows worth of steak and wine were good.

A 3:2 blend of Firestone Walker 15 and Avery Mephistopheles.

I came up with this potent combo because I (along with many other tasters) found that this year's Anniversary Ale blend was severely lacking in the stout department. The resulting improvisation is really amazing. I only wish this stuff were bottled.

After four nights with nary a drop of absinthe (a record since I discovered the green fairy), an amazingly awesome glass of Pacifique. :). It's good to be under my own roof.

Ridge Silvertip gin and tonic. Had Voyager and Silvertip side by side the other night. Both worked for me. They both have slightly different profiles but work equally as well in several different cocktail. I will try to keep both on hand.

Thank you Marc, Joe and Jules.

I'm out of Voyager so I reckon a shopping I shall go. ;)

Cheers!

I love Great Divide.

I think the only thing I have not tried is the samurai. Not a big fan of anything made from rice, but I hear that it is good. So I might enjoy it. Have to try it sometime.

I'll bet you also miss your beer.
Not me. This all grain stuff is working pretty well for me. If you were a neighbor, you would have a couple too, Absomphe. :wave2:

Full mash is definitely da bomb, and, yes, I'm sure if I were, I would, if only to have a good excuse to return the favor by plying you with some of the most extreme beers I could hunt down. :cheers:

Full mash is definitely da bomb, and, yes, I'm sure if I were, I would, if only to have a good excuse to return the favor by plying you with some of the most extreme beers I could hunt down. :cheers:

More of that improvised Firestone Walker 15/Mephistopheles hybrid today.

Decent VA dessert wine last night. A different varietal for tonight's Oscars.

Typical Keurig varietal this morning.

Kübler. I think I'm going backwards down the absinthe chain because I've been really enjoying this absinthe lately.

:laugh: Must be contagious, I had a glass of Kübler Friday night as a break from my vertes...Kinda one dimensional flavor in comparison, but nice louche.

Batangas Brew coffee (from the Philippines) with a splash of milk and a twist of lemon. I need fuel for my run!

I was gifted a bottle of dolce Moscato spumante.

The first glass was too sweet and grapey, so I tried it in a Negroni Sbagliato...even more sweet and grapey.

Then I tried it with some brandy and Angostura bitters...not as sweet, but not the greatest cocktail.

So, here I am drinking my first Death in the Afternoon. It's so good I may have another. I've never been one to sweeten my absinthe, but this is a great mix.

I've always been warned away from trying a DitA, perhaps the inexpensive sweet wine is the key. Or perhaps having three drinks prior is the key.

:cheers: Thanks Bill!

thickasabrick, the key to a good DITA is indeed sweet, cheap stuff. The drier bubbly just doesn't work.