DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Which version was it?

The "not anniversary" version (she said). That's all I know. Not the one with the orangey label.

Too bad, that's the "original" formula, and the better one.

I agree with you about the "flatter taste", kind of reminds me of caffeine-free cola.

Started with a bit of Voyager and tonic then went to Silvertip and tonic. Sitting on the back porch enjoying a very mild evening. Yes it may get better but I liked it just fine.

Cheers!

Firestone Walker's Reserve Porter. Very nice dark malt flavors, and without the roasty/grainy flavors of a dry stout. A very proper porter beer. These guys do some good dark beers, I loved their Velvet Merlin as well.

Canadian red wine. Pretty good. Edmontonians are in a happy mood. Apparently a bunch from Edmonton chasing a small disk, did good against a similar bunch from Calgary.

Edited by Miguel

Firestone Walker's Reserve Porter. Very nice dark malt flavors, and without the roasty/grainy flavors of a dry stout. A very proper porter beer. These guys do some good dark beers, I loved their Velvet Merlin as well.

If you can find it, grab some of their Parabola Imperial Stout, and don't let the $18 price tag deter you...it's amazing stuff.

Can't recall seeing the Parabola, but i'll keep my eyes open for it, thanks Abs! I did finally pick up a bottle of Mephistopheles the other day, it's resting in the beer pantry with a few bottles of Abyss to keep it company.

A man walks into a bar.

"I'll have a Manhattan."

"Sorry sir, this is a Martini bar."

"Okay. I'll have a whiskey martini with sweet vermouth and Angostura bitters."

"One House Special coming right up."

(I'm having some "whiskey martinis").

I can see it now...all the martini maniacs will be letting you know that when it comes to martinis, there can be only one. ;)

Of course, I have no idea what is in a genuine martini, cuz I've never had one, but there are definite opinions among those in the know.

Since I'm having the type of day I'm having...I'm adding Tuaca to my coffee.

:cheers:

I can see it now...all the martini maniacs will be letting you know that when it comes to martinis, there can be only one. ;)

Of course, I have no idea what is in a genuine martini, cuz I've never had one, but there are definite opinions among those in the know.

Since I'm having the type of day I'm having...I'm adding Tuaca to my coffee.

:cheers:

3oz london dry gin.

1oz dry vermouth

Shaken

Twist of lemon, or 1 olive.

Chilled glass.

Rinse... repeat...repeat. Go back to the office.

THAT is a martini.

3oz london dry gin.

1oz dry vermouth

Shaken

3oz American Dry Gin

1oz dry vermouth

dash of orange bitters

A twist if you like

Gently stirred.

THAT is a Martini that will rock your world. ;)

A Martini is Gin, and an actual measurable amount of Vermouth, with an Olive. (Orange bitters optional)

Anything else (Vodka et al ) is another type of drink.

Edited by thegreenimp

I'll take mine as well proportioned as 50/50, but I've also tasted Joe's Martini and it's a tasty one.

Leopold's #21.

I had several lovely drinks at my favorite local place--Demun Oyster Bar, including a Bell's Hopslam. Now having a nightcap of Pappy's 20 year to toast a departed friend of Freida's. :no:

Elijah Craig 12 years. The first glass felt like lacking some character – something like Jack Daniel's – but I've just finished the third glass and we're great friends now:)

I just tried EC 12 for the first time a few weeks ago, I liked it a lot. Quite a bit of toffee/rum character to my taste, were you getting any of that?

So, I guess I'll have to get around to trying one sooner or later. ;)
Should you find yourself in our neck of the woods again, Ms. Monkey, it would be an honor to make you my favorite Martini. :cheers: