DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Pinnacle orange cream vodka. Not the best quality but damn it sho' iz tastee!

Started the evening with Pyramid Discord Dark IPA and some Black Butte 23, moved on to Airfield Mustang red table wine during dinner, then made up some classic cocktails for my kids (aged 23 & 25) and their friends to share: Manhattan, Side Car, Mai Tai, Perfect Martini, Whiskey Sour, & Negroni. Now settling back with a Teresa, using Sidetrack Blueberry Liqueur (a locally made product).

Great classic cocktail lineup, sounds like fun. I need to do something similar for my oldest one of these days. And for myself :)

Had a nice dinner out last night at Trinity, tables were full so we had to sit at the bar. I had a La Folie, and then a Green Flash West Coast IPA (LOVED the Green Flash). The guy sitting on the other side of me asked me what I was drinking, we started up a conversation, turns out he's a beer nerd AND a runner. We all had a pretty nice conversation. He was drinking Oskar Blues Deviant Dale's IPA, we didn't have time for another beer but the bartender was nice enough to bring me a small sample of the DD so I could at least try it before we left. Hops hops hops. Even from the sample glass the first smell reminded me of opening a fresh bag of hops back in my homebrewing days. I'll have to try a full glass when I get a chance; it seems maybe it was a bit over the top hoppy, not as nicely balanced as the Green Flash, but reserving judgement for now.

Hops hops hops.
Order placed for a nice big selection of hop rhizomes. My hops have been doing fine for about 15 years and I love the plants as well as using those lovely cones. I think it's time we got serious and upped production about a 1000%. :thumbup:

Last night I had an incorrectly made Negroni, a Manhattan that tasted like bananas, and a overly citrus-flavored rye whiskey and maple syrup concotion. Thanks, Fort Collins bartenders. :thumbdown:

I taught a bartender how to make a Dry Martini (seriously), chose Odell's Red Ale (a hoppy beer I like, crazy huh) over having the bartender screw up a cocktail like she did for Amber, then on to a Sazerac with Herbsaint switched to Jade NO.

For once I got better drinks than my girl on the night out.

Mephistopheles last night.

Lunch and beer at the Avery Tap Room today :cheers: Had a great sour beer blended from several cabernet barrels, and samples of a several things we were passing around the table. I still haven't had the Mephistopheles, I'll have to remember to grab a bottle if it's still on the shelf next time I'm down at Coaltrain (which may be tomorrow, as I heard they got in some bottles of Pliny the Elder)

Mmm I wish I had some champagne handy.

Here's what I'm drinking, perhaps there's a special name for this cocktail:

2 parts brandy

1 part red vermouth

one dash Angostura

one dash Peychaud's

an absinthe rinse (leave it in for God sakes!)

Basically a Brandy Manhattan with a Sazerac vibe.