DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Water here too. Tomorrow evening brings about the great conundrum. 5 bottles of quality absinthes and only one mouth.

Gee, what a conundrum indeed! Wish I had that kind of conundrum. :cheers:

Bill,

Do your taste buds a favor. Go to the Emile Pernot website, and subscribe to their emails. Your taste buds will thank you. I'm saying this because I'm enjoying the next to last bit of my Sauvage, and it's awesome. I've never had noobs react so well to an absinthe.

Edited by Miguel

I'm gonna have to include that in my next run.

Nice selections, monsieur.

However, if you are going to sample them all in one sitting, might I suggest you start with the more subtle absinthes, and then move into the more strongly flavored stuff (this way you don't blow out your taste-buds at the beginning of your drinking session). I would drink the bottles in the following order:

1. Leopold

2. Ridge Blanche

3. Pacifique

4. Ridge Verte

5. Meadow of Love

Also, if you ever shop for more absinthes, might I suggest the following brands: Berthe de Joux, La Grenouille, PF 1901, Marteau, V.S. 1898, Walton Waters, La Maison Fontaine, and the Sauvage (as Miguel noted).

Enjoy your 5 bottles. Share the wealth, and invite over a few friends for some festivities. :cheers:

Edited by Alfred Jarry

I love The Abyss. Now I'm going to have Copper Kettle's Mexican Chocolate Stout.

Have you had New Belgium's Cocoa Mole? I had one the other evening, tasted like Mexican hot chocolate (cinnamon, chocolate, chiles) and beer. Delicious.

Water tonight. But the water from my well is pretty good.

I have not, I'm going to keep an eye out for it now. Thanks bk. I tried a Spiced Ale that was in their winter seasonal sampler, but I don't see anything about it on their site. It must've been a limited release. It's the only beer from them I've tried that compares to their 1554.

You are all destroying any last vestige of humility I was harboring. :heart:

I have someone to do a couple of things to do after I finish this glass of verte but I'm sure there is a Blackspur in my future later this evening accompanied by a toast to Ron*.

*Cuz Ron taught me how to make it. :cheers:

Started with Perroquet barrel aged, and now a glass of Walton Waters. I think I went a little light on the water in the WW (or maybe just a little heavy with the bottle pour), it's a bit aggressive but in a good way, spicy and peppery. The color of this bottle has gone a little golden, really pretty.

I was trying to make up some hours after taking Tuesday off...but fuck it, I'm just gonna claim the vacation time on this one (minus what I decide to work tomorrow.) Time for a Friday night drink!

Starting with Leopold's 21.

Sauvage, and it's awesome.

Indeed! :thumbup:

if its anything like Pacifique ima have to try it

well, doesnt look like l'll get a chance to unless they produce some more. (out of stock) dangit!

Edited by Songcatcher

I'm sure there is a Blackspur in my future later this evening accompanied by a toast to Ron*.

*Cuz Ron taught me how to make it. :cheers:

For the benefit of the passersby, I use Amaro CioCiaro (available at DUNY) in place of the Fernet, and I think a few people can vouch for the deliciousness. It's pretty sweet, so the St. Germain can be adjusted to suit, but I suggest people try it as is for the first go.

‎2 oz Gin (Voyager and Silvertip work brilliantly)

1½ oz St. Germain

¼ oz Amaro CioCiaro

260495_10150631806850247_505500246_19050898_413078_n.jpg

For the benefit of the passersby, I use Amaro CioCiaro (available at DUNY) in place of the Fernet, and I think a few people can vouch for the deliciousness. It's pretty sweet, so the St. Germain can be adjusted to suit, but I suggest people try it as is for the first go.

‎2 oz Gin (Voyager and Silvertip work brilliantly)

1½ oz St. Germain

¼ oz Amaro CioCiaro

Stolen and shared! :thumbup:

Hmmm, makes me consider cheating on the green lady.

Naw.....

Home made beef stew tonight, gonna tame this MoL and paint some more. It's supposed to be a miserable night. Hopefully the satellite stays on because Dallas plays Phoenix tonight and a guy we had on our minor league team last year is making his NHL debut for Dallas, it will be neat seeing a guy come up from AA all the way to the bigs.

As soon as my caffeine tank is full we can get this hydration thing going in preps for tonight's festivities.

Started with a Fish House punch and now having a Hurricane. It's our annual Mardi Gras party, WS peeps! Wish you all could be here. :cheers:

if its anything like Pacifique ima have to try it

The Sauvage isn't really like Pacifique, other than the wormwood forward finish, and Sauvage's is wilder tastying, and even more pronounced. Pacifique is the more elegant of the two, but they're both in the same class of wow. :)

If Sauvage is ever released again, don't hesitate to jump on it (or better yet, drink it). :laugh:

Edited by Absomphe