DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

The Ridge Verte or the Meadow of Love would make a nice add-on if you have it, crow. La Grenouille or the Berthe de Joux would be nice addition too. :cheers:

On second thought, you might have to make that four, instead of three. I find it's always best to pour two glasses and sample the absinthes side by side... solely for the sake of comparative purposes, of course. :twitchsmile:

Just emptied my Ridge V last night (new bottle on the way) so it'll have to be MoL. I don't have either of the others, but I am putting together an order from absinthes.com so I'll consider your suggestions. Thanks. :cheers:

Voyager Martini.......delightful.

Just enough left for another martini and then it's off to the internet to find more.

Thank you Marc. We dearly enjoy your product. :cheers:

Message parlor, massage parlor, absinthe... my mind is wandering to the beginning of June and wondering if that spa in the Kandahar Lodge can get their hands on some absinthe-scented massage oils. I want to be soaked in absinthe that weekend, inside and out.

I'm DRINKING (1) Duplais Verte and (2) Pacifique

I'm thinking about number (3)

I'm sure the good folk at Remedies Day Spa will be able to accommodate your request. I enthusiastically endorse their services. So will Attack Accountant. In fact, I'm confident they will provide fireside absinthe foot massages in the Lobby if requested. Montana can be a magical place. :cheers:

A small glass of double Old Thumper with brunch.

I heard some really nasty things about this beer, but I find it to be a decent sipper. Very malty, hoppy, and syrupy with a taste sort of like orange marmalade slathered scones. This one (like North Coast Old Stock Ale) reminds me of the English Old Peculier, only with twice the malt and hopes. There are some medium dark fruits discernible, as well as butterscotch, graham cracker, and just a touch of raisin. The beer is definitely mouth-coating, the 11.2% alcohol is noticeable, and there's a slight sourness in the finish which is not all together pleasant, but I've certainly tasted far worse.

Brunch, Abs? At 929AM PST? :)

Edited by MASTERPC

Everyone knows we're twins by now, darlin'. What they think of you, they probably think of me anyway. :devil:

Personally, I hope you're having a hell of a good time and enjoying your brunch, your ale, your wife and your life. (Oh yeah....and your Dexter.) ;) :)

Besides, I just threw a splash of Tuaca in my mug.

:arrr:

Edited by Hedonmonkey

Always a classic, Seeker. :cheers:

Besides, I just threw a splash of Tuaca in my mug.

:arrr:

I should've known you'd, er, um, succumb to the urge, luv. :devil: :cheers:

As for Dexter, he just came back from a vet visit, and he now weighs in at a ridiculous 32 lbs. We don't feed him people food, nor an inordinate amount of cat food. He just seems to have the cat world's slowest metabolism...apparently, even his thyroid is lazy. :rolleyes:

And, Cap'n K., as for the time...yeah, I know it's a little late, but, hey,... :laugh:

Finishing this slow, sweet, and savory repast with another small glass, this time filled with the luxurious and delicious Uinta Crooked Line Oak Aged Labrynth Black Ale. This one, like it's lower strength distant cousin, The Abyss, is brewed with licorice sticks, but it's 100% aged in oak barrels.

Edited by Absomphe

Pacifique from a freshly opened bottle (a welcome addition to a local liquor store's shelves, along with VP, Clandestine, & Duplais Verte...I hear Ridge may also be available nearby :thumbup: )

:cheers:

Pacifique from a freshly opened bottle (a welcome addition to a local liquor store's shelves

May I be so bold as to inquire as to which store you made said purchase?

Sure, it's called Supermarket Liquors & Wines, in Niagara Falls, NY.

And I have to say, it's been too long since I've had a glass of this fine elixir!

Ridge Verte 2: The Second Glass. A story of seduction, ecstasy, and excitement. Roger and Ebert gave it 2 thumbs up. And it's coming to a glass near you. :thumbup:

Edited by Alfred Jarry

I love The Abyss. Now I'm going to have Copper Kettle's Mexican Chocolate Stout.

Have you had New Belgium's Cocoa Mole? I had one the other evening, tasted like Mexican hot chocolate (cinnamon, chocolate, chiles) and beer. Delicious.

Water tonight. But the water from my well is pretty good.

Have you had New Belgium's Cocoa Mole? I had one the other evening, tasted like Mexican hot chocolate (cinnamon, chocolate, chiles) and beer. Delicious.

No kidding. I had a mug of that last week and I loved it.