DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

MPC,

Similar thing happened with me and jagermeister. Used to love that stuff too. Now, I can't even stand the sight of it.

Me too. My "21st birthday" in quotes because it was almost a month later was celebrated in Haifa Israel. After many Macabee's and Gold Stars I found myself in a bar where people were drinking imported Budweisers. I believe there was country music as well. Somehow a shot of Jager was slid my way and being the idiot I was (and probably still are) I took it. Like the trooper I was (and likely still are) I vomited immediately but held it in. I carried it all the way to the bathroom.

Not sure if it actually made it past the door but I put the effort forth at least.

Since then....no thanks. Jager equals instapuke.

Don't know why it wouldn't mix with some ridiculous number of Israeli beers. :pirate:

Edited by billnchristy

Me too. My "21st birthday" in quotes because it was almost a month later was celebrated in Haifa Israel. After many Macabee's and Gold Stars I found myself in a bar where people were drinking imported Budweisers. I believe there was country music as well. Somehow a shot of Jager was slid my way and being the idiot I was (and probably still are) I took it. Like the trooper I was (and likely still are) I vomited immediately but held it in. I carried it all the way to the bathroom.

Not sure if it actually made it past the door but I put the effort forth at least.

Since then....no thanks. Jager equals instapuke.

Don't know why it wouldn't mix with some ridiculous number of Israeli beers. :pirate:

Nice gag reflex you have cuz I prolly would have upchucked before making it that far. Luckily for me it was in my own home so a privately held spewing event. ;)

After a breakfast of fig jam filled crepes, and eggs with grilled onions, potatoes, & mushrooms, I need a little digestive aid.

Thank you Zman for such a wonderful tonic. :cheers:

Yummy breakfast, Miguel!

Coffee and baked oatmeal here. Not nearly as tasty.

Pineapple upside down cupcakes and a full glass of my favorite blanche.

It's actually my appetizer. We have a friend due to arrive soon and then it'll be supper time!

Then we intend to do gin gin mules after supper. Our first attempt at ginger beer is looking and feeling pretty decent. The second attempt already looks better but we'll try it in a week or so.

:cheers:

I'm having a few friends over after dinner for a small but serious absinthe tasting. Going to have out: Pacifique, Duplais V, Ridge V, WW, La Coquette, l'Italienne, La Clandestine, and I'm going to sneak the Czech Strong in there to see if anyone's paying attention.

But I got started early at lunch with a couple of Pacifiques. :cheers:

Shouldn't y'all be doing crack, to send your respects to the passing of Whitney?

I saw she had slipped this mortal coil but at my age it would be more of a "John Entwistle" than a Whitney.

Too many tortured artists. :no:

So instead, I think I'll have a glass of Pacifique. Besides, for some strange reason,

is stuck in my head. :cheers:

Pinot Noir

I need that after a heavy meal in a French cafe. Oy.

Shouldn't y'all be doing crack, to send your respects to the passing of Whitney?

:laf: You sure crack me up, Cap'n! :cheers:

Old Rasputin Bourbon Barrel Aged Imperial Stout XIV, and Avery Mephistopheles Stout.

Two classic, super delicious stouts that play off each other really well.

I probably haven't had enough of either yet onacuz I don't see any blatant typos. :twitchsmile:

:laf: You sure crack me up, Cap'n! :cheers:

Nothing about this cracks me up. I just got a little weepy watching her Star Spangled Banner again. My heart goes out to anyone with her kind of problems.

Leopold, some Pacifique, and a Tazo organic chai with grande absente in it, you guys were right...you can literally crap right in the tea and it tastes awesome!

Thanks for the suggestion on using up this lousy bottle!! :thumbup:

After a ridiculously long Saturday I'm enjoying some Santa Fe Spirits apple brandy. The last of my Remy Martin is requesting a taste comparison.

My heart goes out to anyone with her kind of problems.

Thanks fpb, and I agree. A woman one year older than Whitney told me about her premature passing earlier tonight. The whole thing is weird to me to say the very least.

Edited by baubel

My heart goes out to anyone with her kind of problems.

Thanks fpb, and I agree. A woman one year older than Whitney told me about her premature passing earlier tonight. The whole thing is weird to me to say the very least.

I agree. It makes me a bit angry that someone with such talent does this to themselves, but I know I can't put myself in the position of someone with these kinds of addictions. At least Whitney got to live some of her life. Can't say the same for Amy Winehouse. Such a shameful and sad waste of huge talent.