DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

I broke my rule about blanches before vertes tonight. After 2 glasses of Leopold's, I'm on a second glass of Ridge Blanche accompanied by some Swiss dark chocolate that I found in my messenger bag tonight as a holdover from the flight home from les Absinthiades. (One does not refuse the stewardess when offered Swiss chocolate). It's so damned good. I'm a more than slightly tipsy, happy camper (who's having just a bit of trouble typing without mis-spellings) after a long hard day. It has the correct spirit of a la Bleue, but a rich, tasty spice and florals at 3:1 that really is making for a happy evening. When this bottle is gone, I'll look forward to some from that sexy new copper alembic!

Black Box wine-Malbec flavor with maple sugar candy. Florally, woodsy, fruity, sweety. I'll be sad when the bag is empty, but I'm sure I'll be able to find a replacement somewhere.

Good question, Hed.

If you like Chatreuse, you'll like the V.E.P. even more. It's aged in oak for twelve years, and it's considerably smoother.

If only it were quite a bit drier, I'd probably become addicted to the stuff. :laugh:

I've not yet tried the V.E.P.

I have managed to come close to emptying the bottle in my possession rather quickly and without effort, though.

The only thing that keeps my glasses of it small is that I find it to be very sweet.

I was looking at the V.E.P. when I ordered my last batch of goodies from DUNY. Now, I'm thinking a bottle of the better stuff will be in my next order.

I'm already addickted to it...I just try to keep my fixes large enough to satiate, butt small enough to not drain the bottle. ;)

WOW! :mbanana:

This Pacifique is AWESOME. I can totally taste the wormwood. Nice louche and very nice mouth feel to it. Have a glass of it I am sipping as I compose this. I am a happy camper. I haven't tasted this good an absinthe for over 3 1/2 years. The good news is that I have enough left over to sample along side the M.0.L I'll be getting very soon now in the post. The Pacifique has a nice alpine minty flavor to it I love. Almost similar to the Clandestine La Bleau I have had years ago. (not quite as minty as that though).

I'd do a review, but compared to most of your reviews, it will pale and besides I don't know what more I can add to the reviews that has not already been written.

Cheers.

Edited by greytail

Trying to drink down the last bits of what's in the fridge, which is currently a tiny bit of La Folie, some weak-ass mead, and some ginger beer (not all together though).

Precious and I spoke about building a batch of ginger beer while shopping yesterday. I'll need to review the recipe again and build my shopping list. I enjoyed the batch on the Ridge. *smile*

Tonight I'm sipping Ridge Blanche..........it works just fine. Cheers!

I need to make another batch, too. I look at my sad patch of mint and want a Gin Gin Mule so badly.

2 glasses of verte makes it better. ;)

Honey lager and now, to wash my LSU sorrows away (not), some orange liqueur.

The only mead I have ever had is one I like a lot. Danksmejod I believe it is called. Viking blod is the style.

I'd be a fan of the hibiscus but not the hops... might be worth a try.

Tonight I accidentally the last of my Silvertip with gin and tonics. When is RMGH 2012 again?

Tonight I accidentally the last of my Silvertip with gin and tonics.

Looks like you accidentallied several.

I've been putting off a batch of mead for a while. Deciding on what else to throw in there.

Yep, that's where I'm stuck as well. At least the honey won't go bad. *smiley wink*