DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Daugter is out in TX for the week, so a friend and I went and had some wings, and a few beers. Came home and finished off the last of the bottle of Brother Thelonius I opened last night. Now trying to decided if I want to open a bottle of something else or not. Wish I had some Absinthe :( , but I have someone who owes me who said they would get me a bottle, hopefully soon. :cheers:

Now...... to try something else or not??????

I am testing Pimm's Cup as a hangover cure. Had some friends here last night for a belated barfday celebration, and things got wet. Mead, wine and absinthe together can lead to a nasty hangover, but the Pimm's seems to be a godsend right now. Cold, refreshing and with a bit of alcohol to smoothen the descent to sobriety.

Maggie and I celebrate 18 years today. :cheers: Surely, a tribute to her stellar patience.

Tonight we'll do a comparison of the Eddy, NO, Blanchette and anything else that wanders into our paths.

Thanks guys! I am a patient soul. Or is it that I'm a spoiled rotten brat? I'll go with the spoiled rotten option. :devil:

Happy Anniversary, Sweetie. :heart:

Gertz, I recommend sushi as an additional hangover treatment. Clean and soothing. It sounds like a great Barfday celebration. :cheers:

Well, I found this description here ...

One author I've read on meads, in an attempt to convey to the reader the

potential severity of a mead hangover, referred to the Biblical story of

Judith and the Holofernes. The author pointed out that Judith saw to it that

the Holofernes got thoroughly drunk on mead, waited until they had slept

awhile, and then had the Hebrew army attack-- beating on their shields! As

the author put it: "What else could the Holofernes do but throw down their

arms and accept slaughter with gratitude?"

I tend to go for something salty & greasy as a hangover cure, but I guess I should give sushi a try.

- and a belated happy anniversary to Maggie & T73!

That's a great quote Gertz! The couple of times in my life that I've had mead, a massive headache was the result. The only other beverage to bring on an instant headache for me is: white wine. Isn't that weird?

Glad it was a great birthday!

Thanks for all the good wishes. We've had such a good weekend, we're looking forward to Maggie turning another year older and Anniversary #19. Appropriate sympathies should be extended to Maggie, I'm sure.

Gertz, I've use that same story to warn imbibers of mead but once they get started, it's hard to slow them down. Maggie calls it the "mead glow," that warm happy feeling you can actually see on the faces of the drinkers. I'm not sure why but the effects of mead have always seemed a little different than beer or wine, almost but not quite like another favorite drink.

We didn't get around to an appropriate comparison of the NO, Eddy and Blanchette last night, although we did enjoy a glass of the NO. Perfectly delicious, for sure. I keep looking for the "funk" and I keep scratching my head. I can't find any reason not to like the Jades other than the price.

:cheers:

Happy anniversaries. :holiday: Happy birthdays. It's celebratin' time! :hyper: No reason to stop as far as I can see...

Indeed ,Auguru!..And a belated Happy Anniversary to T73 and Maggie! :yahoo: Ill tip one to you guys out of the new LDF Ike Verte batch which is currently enroute to me !! :drunk:

Edited by Jetzster

Wasn't that a scream, PB? I didn't finish reading the story because it took a rather cruel turn and I saw a dismal end fer the lil' feller. I'm a strong proponent of, "If you kill it, ya gotta eat it" club (with certain notable exceptions).

Maggie didn't get a pet but was delighted with the bottles of NO, Blanchette and CLB. Ya gotta love a girl like that.

Reading the Interlake , PB? Considering a move to Montana? ;)

What T73 said. The story started out as a rather cute but turned in a very sad direction. And nobody in that article, including the reporter, seemed to care ever so little, or even consider, that the poor animal was being object of a cruel and prolonged torment. :angry: :no:

Wow! That's a strange animal!

What is it?

I don't know...

Let's kill it!

note: link is about bear hunting and a hybrid bear that was "bagged".

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."

Yup, but for me it's cats.

Edited by Grey Boy

Back to drinking. Animal abuse stories make me sad. Don't even start on China.

Besides, I got Ike blanche and Kallnacher blanche today. After months, I finally have absinthe in the house!

GOOD MONKEYS! Delivered in 2 days.

STUPID MONKEYS! Took the note I left for the Ikea cabinet people saying it was OK to deliver while I was away.

STUPID IKEA PEOPLE! Called because I wasn't there, left a message saying to call them back, didn't leave a number, and had the caller ID blocked.

I finally did get my cabinet doors delivered. So I can sip a bit and install a bit tonight, and get some of the kitchen stuff out of the living room! WHEEEEEE!

Last night, we lost power from the donkeys in my neighborhood using too much AC. So, I grabbed a glass of scotch (johnnie Green), lit some candles, and turned on some Nina Simone (just the slow stuff) on my dell DJ. Was quite nice.

Tonight, we have power, and I'm drinking some Aquavit!