DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

ARDBEG 10 Year Old

Though I dabble in absinthe and have a taste for craft beer, I've always been a scotch man at heart. :heart:

Now if I only had a Montecristo cigar, I'd be all set. :laugh:

NO

aroma. Anise, Aa, white pepper, fenel

over all, i really like it. I would make it a regular but for the $$, but it will definitely be a semi regular.

Aa? I assume you don't mean lava (I play Scrabble). What is Aa?

Also:

I did a search and couldn't find an answer to this question: Why is Jade NO so much more expensive than other absinthes?

Edited by crow

TY LeRoy.

I'm having the extreme hedonistic pleasure of 23 yo Zacapa Centenario rum, with Promised Land Egg Nog, & a dash of cinnamon. Just a perfect way to give absinthe a break for the holidays.

Whomever thought of adding a few drops of absinthe to a canteen of water is a genius. The water in my 1 liter bottle tasted chloriney, but a few drops of Pacifique fixed it.

Whomever thought of adding a few drops of absinthe to a canteen of water is a genius. The water in my 1 liter bottle tasted chloriney, but a few drops of Pacifique fixed it.

I do it a lot. I don't enjoy drinking absinthe with meals, but a bottle of cold water with a few drops of absinthe in it is delicious with dinner.

Yup, and it is just a few drops per liter. I don't taste the alcohol at all, but the wormwood and supporting cast definitely are noticable enough to offset the chlorine funk in treated water.

My wife now says we need to stock up on absinthe for hurricane season. :)

Edited by Miguel

A very masculine and amazingly good absinthe..the latest L'Ancienne. I'm going to age this first bottle for a few months, since opening it to sample, and let the other bottle go for a year or so unopened. Man, this has some serious potential to be truly great. Kudos, Stefano and Martin.

I'm drinking what I call a naked cocktail (perhaps there's a real name for this drink):

Two parts dry vermouth, one part sweet vermouth, one part ice water, and a dash of orange bitters.

When your absinthe comes in, try a Half Sinner, Half Saint, which I was first introduced to at Drink in Boston.

Half Sinner, Half Saint

In a rocks glass filled with ice, pour in:

2 oz sweet vermouth

2 oz dry vermouth

Stir

Float a barspoon of absinthe over the top, then garnish with a lemon twist.

A great way to wind down an evening.

I wish the bottle of Ancienne I ordered would show up already, it's not taking too long, to be sure, but I'm impatient nonetheless.

I got to drink at least 8 different wines this weekend (possibly more), plum wine, a massive drink in a ridiculous cup (I wish I had taken pictures), lots of free Jameson, a decent amount of Mansinthe, and an excellent single malt. I also avoided hangovers completely!

They were doing pre-orders for up to 3 bottles so they would ship on the 2nd of Dec. (but it ended up being a few days afterwards, I think.) I got lucky cause I went looking around online thinking "when were they releasing that again?" and came across the info...they should have a Facebook page set up as well.

My landlord just called me to say it had arrived at their office...hooray!

Also, I haven't found the Fernet on the shelves yet... :thumbdown:

Great to hear your packages arrived, Scott and Ambear. And sorry for such a late delivery. Packages left Czech republic Dec. 5th, arrived to USA 13th but Customs released it around 17th :(

Stick to the topic, I am just enjoying Monkey 47 Distiller's cut. The most complex gin I ever had.

Spiked nog for me last night. Slept great. ;^>

MMMMM. Now that's what I call total yum!

Going to a solstice bonfire tonight, so will bring my bottle of VC. Everything else is in horde mode until I can make a big order after the holidays... or maybe Santy will bring me something???

(Actually I have plenty of Ridge and Jade PF but I don't wanna share them with non believers!) :pirate:

Full Moon Pale Rye Ale from Real Ale Brewing, my favorite beer from TX.

To wash down some bread topped with re-fried black beans & Philly cheese. It's a Guatemalan thing. We call it 'French' bread, but it is just a loaf of white bread, like for an oversized po-boy. :)

looking like nog n rum tonite.

since I was using similar amounts compared to traditionally prepared absinthe, I used my La Rochere reservoir glass. 4:1 seems to work best.

Edited by Miguel