DesertWolf

What ya drinking tonight?

Oscar and Hissy stopped in for a break from the road last night and we all shared a lovely time over laughs, food, cigars, and of course some drinks. Sampled an absolutley stunning verte having sentimental value, followed by a bewitching blanche.

Time caught up to us around midnight with them having 2 more hours of driving to go. A little fresh roasted coffee for the road and two rings later, all is good.

Thanks you guys for a fun evening :cheers:

The only thing better than opening a show is closing a show. A bittersweet event if the show is satisfying.

Congratulations, Martin. :cheers:

We finally hit triple digits this summer. Just a couple more jobs to wrap up and then I'll pour that cold banche. Whew.

T73, I'm really confused by the new avatar. Are you amused by the future of global warming whereby you will live in the mts at the seashore, or have you just fed someone to the fishes, or what?

I really like the snap, and think it's very expressive, but I'm just not sure of what.

I'm not so deep, PB. It's just a picture from a happy place on the Washington coast where Maggie and I hope to retire someday. As I recall, I think I was watching our cocker spaniel playing on the beach. Watching the waves is every bit as contemplative as watching snowflakes fall in our forest.

Almost time for that drink.

This week I've had three potential projects fall through. On Monday I had my iPod stolen which was full of files (non-music) including all my video treatments, upcoming projects, budgets, etc, and maybe every single photo I have and then some (luckily most of this is backed up on my home computer). Then on top of that, today I had my wallet and keys stolen.

I think I will indeed be drinking tonight.

Truly sorry to hear this. I hope the karma of the universe comes back in spades to balance the equation.

It has been a long week, I'm going to Helles tonight.

Rosetta_3.JPG[/img]

Let's see. The wife is out of town. I'd be playing batchelor 'ceptin' I've got 3 kids. They're actually a delight to be around. A couple of Rogue's Dead Guy Ales. Pork loin for dinner. If'n you're not vegan, it's got to be one of the bargains of the carnivore world. On to Sarticious gin. Watched "The Chronicles of Narnia". The youngest loved it, but its not really my cup of tea. Followed by Jade NO. Shifting to Kallnacher. The yougest is in bed and it's time to break out the "challenging" videos. Anyone seen "Institute Benjamenta" by the The Brothers Quay?

Noop, but I used to enjoy fraggle rock with the kids after the news was over. Then on to Dr. Who.

Kids are great.

Grand Kids are even better.

No videos for us, Auguru. We've been busting it all day trying to get the home ready for the Mother-in-Law's visit. She arrives from Mississippi on Monday and we all leave on Tuesday for a three day rafting/flyfishing adventure in Glacier National Park. She'll be here for a month. Damn, that's a lot of drinkin'. ;)

Finally, Maggie and I have sat down. A Simple Verte for me but she chose something more Brutal. I think she's getting me ready for the MiL. :cheers:

The only thing better than opening a show is closing a show. A bittersweet event if the show is satisfying.

Congratulations, Martin. :cheers:

Why, thank you. :cheers: This is definitely one of those bittersweet closings. Went out with the cast tonight and drank pitchers of cheap beer. And now for some sleep.

Who doesn't believe this global warming stuff? It scares the hell out of me. 105 today in Missoula na dtripple digits as far as I can see.

Skinny Dip Ale for me tonight and maybe a G&T

Did I say that I tried Doc's Martini the other day? It was good with the Hendricks

I'm very sorry about Stomp's theft. Being away with intermitent contact, I missed. it. I lost a sketch book (stolen) - a mere sketch book - and it kept me from draw (creatively) for some years. Some may say that was a good thing. Here's to ya, Stomp, seriously.

Wittekirke! I have finally found it out here in MN!

A great-great belg white wheat beer, perfect with a slice of lemon on a hot summer day.

HG Berliner Weisse, aged 16 months in the bottle for a pleasant sourness. Green, i.e. with woodruff syrup.

This shit kicks ass after a long bike ride on a hot, humid day.

It also goes down really fast...

Anything I've tried from them would get your description,

but I've always chalked that up to poor traveling conditions,

guess not.

I'm very sorry about Stomp's theft. Being away with intermitent contact, I missed. it. I lost a sketch book (stolen) - a mere sketch book - and it kept me from draw (creatively) for some years. Some may say that was a good thing. Here's to ya, Stomp, seriously.

Thanks Doc, I appreciate it. It's been a real pain-in-the-ass getting all my identification recovered and all that, but at least they didn't get any money off of me. With the iPod it feels weird knowing somebody has access to all the work and photos and stuff that was on there...hopefully they just deleted it all.

Well I take a couple weeks of for a vacation and hell breaks loose and is calmed down, mostly, Oh well back to it.

While I on vacation in northen Cali, I visited the North Coast Brewing Co. in Ft. Bragg. Ate lunch at their Taproom & Grill and had a couple of beers. Brought back a mixed sixpack with the following.

• Acme California Pale Ale
  • Acme IPA
  • Old #38 Stout
  • Old Rasputin Imperial Stout
  • Red Seal Ale
  • Old Stock 2006
  • and a couple bottles of Brother Thelonious Belgian Style Abby Ale

Had the California Pale Ale a couple of nights ago, think I will uncork a Brother Thelonious.......

Edited by DesertWolf

Welcome back, Desertwolf. I hope that was a good trip for you.

Nice dinner followed by a lot of nice absinthe with good family and friends. What could be better?

A blanche or two and I'm ready to crash. Hiking? Must be summer! We spent three long, full and very happy days floating and fishing the North Fork of the Flathead River with several special people. It was fantastic. We are sun and wind burned, exhausted (almost) and it is only Friday. What a great way to spend a week! :cheers: